Falcon Heights, Texas
Falcon Heights, Texas
Location of Falcon Heights, Texas
|• Total||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|• Land||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||272 ft (83 m)|
|• Density||530/sq mi (200/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1335664|
Falcon Heights is located at(26.560372, -99.122493).
As of the census of 2000, there were 335 people, 99 households, and 81 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 76.4 people per square mile (29.5/km²). There were 152 housing units at an average density of 34.7 per square mile (13.4/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 99.70% White, 0.30% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 94.93% of the population.
There were 99 households out of which 50.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 73.7% were married couples living together, 7.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.2% were non-families. 17.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.38 and the average family size was 3.85.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 37.6% under the age of 18, 7.8% from 18 to 24, 26.9% from 25 to 44, 15.2% from 45 to 64, and 12.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 29 years. For every 100 females, there were 91.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.3 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $15,000, and the median income for a family was $15,909. Males had a median income of $0 versus $0 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $5,898. About 48.1% of families and 52.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 66.1% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
Public education in the community of Falcon Heights is provided by the Roma Independent School District. Zoned campuses include Anna S. Canavan Elementary School (pre-kindergarten), Emma Vera Elementary School (grades K-5), Roma Middle School (grades 6-8), and Roma High School  (grades 9-12).
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- 2010 Census: Population of Texas Cities Arranged in Alphabetical Order | TSLAC
- "Population and Housing Unit Counts, 2010 Census of Population and Housing" (PDF). Texas: 2010.
- Falcon Heights, Texas :: Boundary Map of Falcon Heights, Texas
- "2009-2010 Roma ISD Elementary Boundaries" (PDF). Roma Independent School District. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "2009-2010 Roma ISD Middle School Boundaries" (PDF). Roma Independent School District. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2009-10-13.