Falkirk High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Falkirk High School|
|Motto||Invicem Servite (Serve one another)|
|Head teacher||Keith Webster|
|Number of students||1,200|
|Athletics||gymnasium, swimming pool and rugby/football pitch|
It is a non-denominational six-year fully comprehensive school, situated in approximately 1 mile from the centre of the town. It serves a widespread catchment area and has eight associated primary schools: Bainsford, Bantaskin, Carmuirs, Comely Park, Easter Carmuirs, Langlees, Limerigg and Slamannan Primary Schools.
There are four houses – Campbell, Robertson, Cameron and Mackay, which are named after the first four rectors of the school.
- James Martin, Scottish Public Services Ombudsman since 2009 (taught from 1975–79)
- Craigie Aitchison, Lord Aitchison, Labour MP from 1929–33 for Kilmarnock
- novelist Alan 'Alvin' Bissett
- Dame Elizabeth Blackadder, Painter and Limner
- Rev Dr John Urquhart Cameron, athlete, theologian, journalist
- Prof George Stuart Gordon, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford from 1938–41, President from 1928–42 of Magdalen College, Oxford, and Professor of English at the University of Leeds
- Bob McGregor MBE, swimmer
- Iain Macphail, Lord Macphail
- David Marshall, Labour MP from 2005–08 for Glasgow East, and from 1979–2005 for Glasgow Shettleston
- Prof Gordon Marshall CBE, Vice-Chancellor from 2003–11 of the University of Reading, and Chairman since 2007 of the Higher Education Statistics Agency
- Craig Pollock, Formula 1 executive
- Alan Lawson, Rugby Union Scrum Half – 15 caps for Scotland. Bill McLaren's son in law.
- Scotland. "Falkirk High School – Falkirk – Scottish Schools Online 2011/12". Educationscotland.gov.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-19.