|Single by Kenny G featuring Robin Thicke|
|from the album Heart and Soul|
|Released||June 29, 2010|
|Genre||Smooth jazz, R&B, Soul|
|Writer(s)||Walter Afanasieff, Robin Thicke|
|Producer(s)||Walter Afanasieff, Robin Thicke|
|Kenny G featuring Robin Thicke singles chronology|
"Fall Again" is a song written by Walter Afanasieff and Robin Thicke. Michael Jackson recorded a demo of the song in 1999, which was released in 2004. In 2010, a version by Kenny G with Thicke on vocals became a hit. The song has been performed by many artists.
Kenny G version
American smooth jazz saxophonist Kenny G recorded the song for the Heart and Soul, which was released on June 29, 2010. Unlike most of Kenny G's jazz numbers, "Fall Again" is a rhythm and blues ballad. Kenny G plays the saxophone with Thicke on vocals. Kenny G said, "His (Robin Thicke's) voice is so emotional and soulful, the combination of his voice and my saxophone really hits the perfect tones for my new album." Mark Edward Nero of About.com mentioned Kenny G "is a jazz saxophonist, not an R&B singer. But K.G. has a new, R&B-inspired album", and "Robin Thicke is featured on the first single, Fall Again".
Also released as a single, it debuted at number 30 on the Billboard Jazz Songs chart on June 19, 2010, and peaked at number six on September 11, 2010.
|U.S. Billboard Jazz Songs||6|
|U.S. Billboard Jazz Digital Songs||7|
|U.S. Billboard Adult R&B||25|
|U.S. Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop||5|
Michael Jackson recorded a demo of the song in 1999 during the sessions for his album Invincible, but the song was never finished. Songwriter Afanasieff confirmed in January 2000, "We worked to the point that we were three-fourths of the way finished, then the incident happened when his son (Prince) got very sick. We’re going to have to reserve a little spot to finish the song." The demo was released on November 16, 2004, as an album track of Jackson's limited edition box set The Ultimate Collection.
Glenn Lewis recorded the song for the soundtrack of the film Maid in Manhattan, which was released on December 10, 2002. This version also featured on a 2003 Universal Music compilation album titled Smooth Jazz Cafe 5.
Sagi Rei, an Israel born Italian artist covered this song in his third album SAGI Sings Michael Jackson in 2010.
- "Release History". Archived from the original on June 22, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- "Billboard Jazz Songs Charts". Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Fall Again, Kenny G Featuring Robin Thicke, Smooth Jazz Songs". billboard.com/biz. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Fall Again, Kenny G Featuring Robin Thicke, Jazz Digital Songs". billboard.com/biz. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Fall Again, Kenny G Featuring Robin Thicke, Adult R&B". billboard.com/biz. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Fall Again, Kenny G Featuring Robin Thicke, Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop". billboard.com/biz. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- Halstead, Craig; Cadman, Chris (2007). Michael Jackson: For The Record. Bedfordshire: Authors OnLine Ltd. p. 107. ISBN 0-7552-0267-8.
- "Michael Jackson Version on Amazon.com".
- "Glenn Lewis Version on Amazon.com".
- "Smooth Jazz Cafe 5 on Discogs.".
- "Sings Michael Jackson: Sagi Rei: Amazon.co.uk: Music". amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-05-22.