Fall Guy (1947 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Reginald Le Borg|
|Produced by||Walter Mirisch|
|Screenplay by||Jerry Warner
|Based on||Novel: Cocaine
by Cornell Woolrich
|Music by||Edward J. Kay|
|Edited by||William Austin|
|Distributed by||Monogram Pictures|
Fall Guy is a 1947 American crime film noir directed by Reginald Le Borg. The drama features Leo Penn, Robert Armstrong and Teala Loring. The film is based on Cornell Woolrich's short story, "Cocaine."
With no memory of the night in question and a few clues, a man tries to prove he did not murder an attractive woman.
- Leo Penn as Tom Cochrane (billed as Clifford Penn)
- Robert Armstrong as Mac McLaine
- Teala Loring as Lois Walter
- Elisha Cook Jr. as Joe
- Douglas Fowley as Inspector Shannon
- Charles Arnt as Uncle Jim Grossett
- Virginia Dale as Marie
- Iris Adrian as Mrs. Sindell
- Renzi, Thomas C. (2006). Cornell Woolrich from Pulp Noir to Film Noir. McFarland & Company. pp. 71–77. ISBN 9780786482818.