Fallen shoes signed by Jamie Thomas, Josh Harmony, and Billy Marks
Fallen Footwear is an American skateboarding footwear and apparel brand founded by professional skateboarder Jamie Thomas in 2003, after leaving Circa. The company which was out of the market for almost two years (2016-2017) has now been acquired for a global re-launch by Town Connection, an investment group with its headquarters in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
In 2003, it was announced that Fallen Footwear would be manufactured and distributed by DC Shoes under license from Thomas. The agreement was canceled in 2005 after DC was acquired by Quiksilver. It was an amicable separation, and DC President Ken Block said that Fallen was "recognized as the top new emerging footwear brand in the skateboard industry." The shoes were sold and distributed through Thomas' Black Box Distribution.
January 1, 2018 was officially dated as the moment of Fallen's worldwide trademark acquirement[clarification needed] by Town Connection while planning for a global re-launch sometime along this year.
Fallen was known for their shoes, flannel, hoodies, T-shirts, snapbacks, book bags, jeans/shorts, and skateboarding videos. The more popular shoes are, "The Clipper", "The Patriot", "The Rival" ,"Trooper" and the "Forte". At its peak, Fallen had 17 models in over 50 colors.
Since Spring 2016, Fallen no longer created products. In a note on Fallen's website, Jamie Thomas states that "The Fallen mission has always been to work with skateshops and support skateboarding with everything that we do. Unfortunately, this has become increasingly more difficult for skate shoe brands. Rather than waiver from this mission, we are choosing to bow out."
It is sometime along this year (2018) that new owners plan to bring to the market the most expected brand classics with some added new styles. Apparel will also be available at selected territories.
In 2008, Fallen released a skate video titled "Ride the Sky". The video features Billy Marks, Brian Hansen, Chris Cole, Gilbert Crockett, James Hardy, Jamie Thomas, Josh Harmony, Matt Bennett, Tommy Sandoval, and Tony Cervantes.
Fallen began a documentary, "Roads Less Traveled".
As of January 2015, the Fallen pro riders were Jamie Thomas, Tommy Sandoval, Brian "Slash" Hansen, Dane Burman, Jon Dickson and Tony Cervantes.
In 2011, longtime rider Chris Cole left Fallen to skate for DC Shoes. Cole returned to the relaunched Fallen team in May 2019 alongside OG riders Billy Marks and Tommy Sandoval. Zach Doelling is also on Fallen.
- "Fallen Footwear is Born" (Press release). ESPN. September 25, 2003. Retrieved January 11, 2010.
- "DC Parts With Stevie Williams, Fallen" (Press release). ESPN. September 15, 2004. Retrieved January 11, 2010.
- Higgins, Matt (November 24, 2006). "Action Sports; In Board Sports, Insiders' Status Makes Gear Sell". The New York Times. Retrieved January 11, 2010.
- "Fallen Footwear on Instagram: "It is with a thankful & humble heart that I announce that Spring 2016 will be Fallen Footwear's last season. I would like to thank the past…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2016-04-12.[permanent dead link]
- Insane (2008). "Fallen "Ride The Sky"". Vimeo. Vimeo. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
|This skateboarding-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|