This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Fallon was founded in 1981 by Pat Fallon and four other partners as Fallon McElligott Rice. Fallon printed a full-page agency manifesto in the Minneapolis Star and Minneapolis Tribune in 1981, seeking “companies that would rather outsmart the competition than outspend them”—a cold call for national advertising work that ran only in the local papers,and a “provocative message pitching scientific thinking and a condemnation of the prevailing strategies of the industry.”
Fallon McElligott Rice’s first national client was an insurance agency, ITT Life. In 1981, the agency added several more national accounts to its roster, including The Wall Street Journal, US West, and the Episcopal Church. The agency was named Ad Age’s Agency of the Year in 1983, 1995, 1997 and, was the Comeback Agency of the Year in 2015.
- Rolling Stone - Perception/Reality'
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Just The Right Amount of Wrong'
- Time - Red Border
- MTV - Jukka Brothers
- Lee Jeans - Buddy Lee
- Lee Jeans - Super Greg VS Buddy Lee
- Holiday Inn Express - Stay Smart
- Electronic Data Systems - Cat Herders - award-winning comedic Super Bowl commercial
- BMW - BMW Films
- Skoda - Cake
- CitiBank - Live Richly
- United Airlines - It’s Time To Fly
- Virgin Mobile - Chrismahanukwanzakah
- Sony - Balls
- PBS - Be More campaign
- Amazon.com - Amazon Theatre short films
- Cadbury Schweppes - Gorilla
- McDonald's - Arch Deluxe - one of the largest ad campaign failures ever.
- Big Ten Network
- Comedy Central
- H&R Block
- Pat Fallon – Founder (1945-2015)
- Mike Buchner – CEO
- Jeff Kling – Chief Creative Officer
- Dawn Lamm – CFO
- Matt Benka – Director of Digital
- Johnson, Eleanor. (1985-03-04) ENVY OF MADISON AVENUE: A MINNEAPOLIS AD AGENCY It made a splash selling chickens and life insurance. Now Fallon McElligott Rice has snagged the Wall Street Journal account. - March 4, 1985. Money.cnn.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-16.
- "Fallon: An Oral History". mspmag.com. Retrieved 2016-06-06.
- "Ad Age's Agency of the Year: Fallon McElligott". Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "Fallon Worldwide (Fallon McElligott)". Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "Fallon Is Ad Age's 2015 Comeback Agency of the Year". Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- Mark Kassof (June 1997). "Lessons from marketing flops". Kassof.com. Archived from the original on 2007-12-23. Retrieved 2008-01-15.
- "Fallon". www.fallon.com. Retrieved 2016-06-06.
- Official site
- Website for Pat Fallon and Fred Senn's book, "Juicing the Orange"
- The Work: 25 Years of Fallon, Pat Fallon and Bob Barrie, Easton Studio Press, 2006
|This advertising-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|