From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by The Robert Cray Band|
|Recorded||at Sage & Sound, Music Lab & Haywoods in Los Angeles|
|Producer||Bruce Bromberg, Dennis Walker|
|The Robert Cray Band chronology|
|Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|The Village Voice||A–|
False Accusations is the third studio album by The Robert Cray Band released 1985.
In the same year, Cray won the W.C. Handy blues award for best male artist of 1985.
- "Porch Light" (Dennis Walker) – 5:01
- "Change of Heart, Change of Mind (S.O.F.T)" (Cray, Richard Cousins) – 3:49
- "She's Gone" (David Amy, Cray, Ozall Washington, Peter Boe) – 2:50
- "Playin' in the Dirt" (David Amy, Cray) – 3:46
- "I've Slipped Her Mind" (Dennis Walker) – 5:15
- "False Accusations" (Dennis Walker, Cray, Richard Cousins) – 3:55
- "The Last Time (I Get Burned Like This)" (Cray) – 3:50
- "Payin' for It Now" (David Amy, Cray) – 4:38
- "Sonny" (David Amy, Dennis Walker) – 4:48
- The Robert Cray Band
- Robert Cray - guitar and vocal
- Richard Cousins - bass
- Peter Boe - keyboards
- David Olson - drums
- Horn Section
- David Li - horn arrangement, tenor sax, percussion on "Porch Light"
- Nolan Smith - trumpet
- Additional musicians
- Dave Wilson - second guitar on "Sonny"
- Dennis Walker - second bass on "Sonny"
Certifications and sales
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||60,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Rolling Stone review
- Larkin, Colin (2011). "Robert Cray". Encyclopedia of Popular Music (5th ed.). Omnibus Press. ISBN 0857125958.
- Christgau, Robert (March 11, 1986). "Christgau's Consumer Guide". The Village Voice. New York. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- "British album certifications – Robert Cray – False Accusations". British Phonographic Industry. Enter False Accusations in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Silver in the field By Award. Click Search
|This 1980s album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|