Location within Saline County and Kansas
KDOT map of Saline County (legend)
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Falun is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in southwestern Saline County, Kansas, United States. It lies southwest of the city of Salina, the county seat of Saline County. Its elevation is 1,348 feet (411 m), and it is located at (38.6711171, -97.7594855). Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 67442. Falun is part of the Salina Micropolitan Statistical Area.
The first post office in Falun was established in 1870.
Primary and secondary education
- U. Alexis Johnson, United States diplomat was born in Falun, Kansas.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 41.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1978-10-13. Accessed 2008-04-12.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Nussle, Jim (2008-11-20). "Micropolitan Statistical Areas" (PDF). List 1-9. Office of Management and Budget, Executive Office of the President. p. 97. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- USD 400
- Kansas School District Boundary Map Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Saline County School District Map Archived July 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Falun, Kansas.|
|This article about a location in Saline County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|