Famà Kiss 209
|Manufacturer||Famà Helicopters srl, Solignano|
|First flight||13 August 2009|
Design and development
The Kiss 209M is a single rotor, conventionally laid out helicopter seating two side by side. The design targets were low cost and easy maintenance combined with a comfortable cabin and good performance. The centre section and the high set tail boom are tube steel structures, clad in carbon fibre. The cabin shell is also carbon fibre and bolts to the central frame. The 120 kW (160 hp) Solar T62 turboshaft engine is supported above the cabin roof and tail line, partly exposed, driving twin blade main and tail rotors. The latter is accompanied at the extreme tail by a fin/underfin pair, both swept and slender. A narrow pair of tailplanes is located forward of the tail rotor on the boom, though the prototype initially flew with a T-tail. The Kiss can have either a skid or retractable wheel undercarriage.
After ground runs on 15 July 2009, the Kiss flew for the first time on 13 August. The first production aircraft completed company testing at the end of January 2011 and went to the Aéro-Club de France for a six-month evaluation.
- Retractable 3 wheel undercarriage. The nosewheel retracts rearwards, the other inwards.
- Twin fixed skid undercarriage: 20 kg (44 lb) lighter, maximum cruising speed reduced by 16 km/h (10 mph).
Data from Jane's All the World's Aircraft 2011/12
- Capacity: 2
- Length: 8.22 m (27 ft 0 in) overall, rotors turning
- Width: 1.25 m (4 ft 1 in) cockpit, inside
- Height: 2.50 m (8 ft 2 in) overall
- Empty weight: 308 kg (679 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 150 L (40 US gal, 33 Imp gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Solar T62 Titan turboshaft, 120 kW (160 hp)
- Main rotor diameter: 7.70 m (25 ft 3 in)
- Main rotor area: 46.57 m2 (501.3 sq ft)
- Propellers: 2-bladed tail rotor, 1.265 m (4 ft 2 in) diameter
- Maximum speed: 194 km/h (121 mph; 105 kn)
- Cruise speed: 185 km/h (115 mph; 100 kn) maximum
- Endurance: 3 h standard; optional extra tank gives 4 h
- Service ceiling: 3,100 m (10,200 ft) 3,800 m (12,460 ft) within ground effect
- Rate of climb: 11 m/s (2,200 ft/min) at sea level
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Aerokopter AK1-3 Sanka
- Alpi Syton AH 130
- DF Helicopters DF334
- Dynali H2S
- LCA LH 212 Delta
- RotorWay Exec
- Related lists