This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Zaragoza Family|
Janice de Belen
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||69|
|Running time||1 1⁄2 hour|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||June 11, 1995– September 29, 1996|
The story of Familia Zaragoza, an intricate web of lies and deception surrounding the Zaragoza family is engineered by a woman who is insanely driven with ambition that she would resort to manipulation, treachery, and even murder to achieve her goals. With the death of Don Luis, the patriarch of the wealthy Zaragoza clan, the dark veil of secrecy is slowly lifted as the drama begins.
The widowed Doña Amparo Zaragoza does not waste time to know how much she and her children, Divina and Alferdo, have inherited. To her surprise, most of Don Luis Zaragoza's estate is awarded to a certain Benita who is believed to be the legal wife of the deceased. Doña Amparo insists that she is the only spouse the society and the entire Zaragoza clan has known and being confined in a mental institution for so long, Benita has never been a wife to the late Don. Even though the situation does not turn out the way she has expected, Doña Amparo is confident that she will win her case believing that someone who is mentally ill could not possibly mind about her inheritance. What she does not know is that Beatrice, Don Luis and Benita's daughter and only legitimate heir who was believed to be dead, is alive and well. Deprived of her father's love and support since birth, she will try to pursue the full inheritance of her father's wealth and leave his mistress and illegitimate children with nothing.
Divina and her mother share the same fate in a way that they both have fallen deeply in love with another woman's husband. When she met Lorenzo, she knew very well that he has a wife, Ester, and has three children with her. They live in a shanty not very far away from the Zaragoza mansion. Divina had convinced Lorenzo to leave the country with her and start a new life in the United States. Lorenzo agreed, if only for the sake of his ailing wife and the future of his three children. Lorenzo worked hard to support his two families with his business in the States. But with Lorenzo's absence, Ester's children have learned to believe that their father abandoned them for a more comfortable life.
Unknown to both, the wealthy Divina and the lowly Ester share more than the love for the same man. Not far ahead looms a chartered fate that will boggle even one's wildest imagination.
- Gloria Romero as Doña Amparo Zaragoza - the Zaragoza Family had many affairs and interruptions and tackles their whole life. A scheming matriarch who will exhaust all means of to bend circumstances according to her will.
- Jaclyn Jose as Ester Lagrimas - a woman who tries to overcome the pain of raising her children alone.
- Julio Diaz as Lorenzo Lagrimas - the object of Divina's affection who agreed to go away with her because he needed the money to support an ailing wife and three children.
- Janice de Belen as Lupe - a very dependable and supportive younger sibling.
- Rita Avila as Vivian Zaragoza - Alfredo's over zealous wife who will do anything to win her mother-in-law's affection.
- Jean Garcia as Beatrice Zaragoza - the legitimate heir of Don Luis who will wage the battle against Doña Amparo and her children for the full inheritance of her father's estate.
- Zsa Zsa Padilla as Divina Zaragoza-Lagrimas - Doña Amparo's eldest child who rebelled against her parents to be with a married man.
- Lucita Soriano as Trining - Ester and Lupe's sickly mother who holds the key to the dark past of the Zaragoza family.
- Ricky Davao as Alfredo Zaragoza - the son who did not live up to the expectations of his over-achieving parents.
- Gina Pareño as Benita Zaragoza - the legitimate spouse of the late Don Luis who has been hidden away in a secluded mental institution.
- Elizabeth Oropesa as Dra. Bienvenida Perea - the one who will expose Doña Amparo's manipulative schemes.
- Tommy Abuel as Atty. Nicolas Fuentabella - a trusted friend and lawyer of the late Don Luis Zaragoza.
- Stefano Mori as Danilo - Ester's eldest son who shoulder the responsibility his father did not fulfill.
- Princess Schuck as Lorena Lagrimas - Ester's youngest daughter Lorena.
- Angelica Panganiban as Angelica Lagrimas - Ester's youngest daughter who feels deeply for her mother's pain.
- Paula Peralejo as Samantha Lagrimas - Divina's daughter Samantha.
- Carlo Aquino as Miguel Lagrimas - Ester's youngest son.
- John Prats as Luigi Lagrimas -Divina's son.
- Joy Viado as Mitchie
- John Estrada as Charlie
- Emilio Garcia as Greg
- Celia Rodriguez as Donya Elvira
- Patrick Garcia
- Lito Pimentel as Raul
- Eula Valdez as Nimfa
- Cherry Pie Picache as Elena
- Claudine Barretto as Young Amparo