|Traded as||NASDAQ: DAVE|
|Founded||Hayward, Wisconsin, U.S. (June 23, 1994 )|
|Headquarters||Minnetonka, Minnesota, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Mike Lister, CEO|
|Products||Barbecue ribs, beef brisket, chicken, burgers, soups, salads, desserts|
|Footnotes / references
Famous Dave's of America is a chain of barbecue restaurants serving pork ribs, chicken, beef brisket, and several flavors of barbecue sauce. Dave Anderson, an Ojibwe who served as the head of the federal Bureau of Indian Affairs from 2004 to 2005, started the first Famous Dave's restaurant near Hayward, Wisconsin in 1994. The restaurant chain grew throughout the Midwestern United States, and Puerto Rico in 2014. It has 170 locations in 34 U.S. states as of 2016.
The first restaurant of the chain was Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que in Hayward, Wisconsin. On the morning of November 3, 2014, it was destroyed by fire. The second location was in the Linden Hills neighborhood of Minneapolis, Minnesota; that location opened in 1995 and was designed to be an old-fashioned "roadside BBQ Shack"; it closed in 2014. The third location opened in 1996 in the Calhoun Square development in Uptown Minneapolis and was designed as a Blues club, Famous Dave's BBQ & Blues, which remains in operation; a "Lodge" format opened in Minnetonka, Minnesota; and the first franchise-operated restaurant opened in Burnsville, Minnesota.
- "NASDAQ Opening Bell Ceremony | Famous Dave's". Famous Dave's of America. Archived from the original on 7 June 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Famous Dave's Locations". Famous Dave's of America. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- Alden, S.; Stoga, S. (1999). Up North Wisconsin: A Region for All Seasons. Wisconsin Trails. p. 90. ISBN 978-0-915024-69-8. Retrieved November 18, 2017.
- Anderson, S. (2007). Killer Chili: Savory Recipes from North America's Favorite Chilli Restaurants. Chronicle Books. p. 32. ISBN 978-1-932855-60-9. Retrieved November 18, 2017.
- "Puerto Rico After Hurricane Maria". HuffPost. September 26, 2017. Retrieved November 18, 2017.
- Zufall, Frank. "Original Famous Dave's Restaurant Destroyed In Fire". minnesota.cbslocal.com. WCCO. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- Allen R. Thomsen v. Famous Dave's of America, Inc., U.S. District Court of Minnesota, February 17, 2009, accessed May 31, 2015.
- Jim Hammerand, Famous Dave's first restaurant burns down, Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal, November 3, 2014, accessed May 31, 2015.
- "About Dave Anderson". Famous Dave Anderson. Archived from the original on 15 October 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "The Legend of Famous Dave's". Famous Dave's of America. Archived from the original on 16 May 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.