Famous Jury Trials
- For the precursor radio program version, see Famous Jury Trials (radio program)
|Famous Jury Trials|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||October 12, 1949 – March 12, 1952|
Famous Jury Trials is a dramatized court show that first appeared on radio, followed by television, and then in the movies. The series enjoyed a long, successful run in radio programming from 1936 through 1949, then on television from 1949 through 1952, and finally in a movie in 1971. On television, it aired on the now-defunct DuMont Television Network.
Famous Jury Trials first aired on October 12, 1949, on DuMont, and was a live dramatized court show  with each episode lasting 30 minutes. During the first season, the show aired Wednesdays at 9:30pm EST. During later seasons, the show aired Wednesdays at 9pm EST. The final show aired March 12, 1952.
- Famous Jury Trials (radio program)
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- Grace, Roger M. "TV, Radio Feature Reenactments Of Trials--Even a Pre-Enactment". www.metnews.com. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Chun, Wendy Hui Kyong; Keenan, Thomas (2004-06-01). New Media, Old Media: A History and Theory Reader. Taylor & Francis. ISBN 9780203643839.
- Famous Jury Trials, 1949-10-12, retrieved 2016-06-01
- "DuMont Television Network | Historical Web Site". www.dumonthistory.tv. Archived from the original on 2009-02-16. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "The Paley Center for Media". The Paley Center for Media. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1