List of Kabyle people
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Famous Kabyles)
A list of Kabyle people
- Amour Abdenour, Algerian singer (active since 1969)
- Abderrahmane Abdelli, singer
- Myriam Abel, winner of Nouvelle Star season 3.
- Kenza Farah, French singer
- Mohya, Kabyle folk poet, and theatre
- Lounis Ait Menguellet, singer
- Idir, singer
- Lounes Matoub, Berberist and secularist singer assassinated In 1998.
- Si M'Hand Oum'Hand, Kabyle folk poet
- Daniel Prévost, actor, Kabyle father
- Salah Sadaoui, singer
- Takfarinas, singer
- Rim'K, rapper
- Hakim Rachek, music producer
- Tyssem, singer, one Kabyle parent
- Malika Domrane, singer
- Djamel Allam, singer
- Chennoud, singer
- Akli Yahyaten, singer
- Akli D, singer
- Mohamed el Anka, singer
- Kamel Messaoudi, singer
- Marcel Mouloudji, singer, actor, writer, artist
- Rabah MBS, Rap artist
- Zahra N'soumer, singer
- Cherif kheddam, singer
- Cheikh el Hasnaoui, singer
- Hamdi Bennani, singer
- Brahim Izri, singer
- Tagrawla, kabyle band
- Taous Amrouche, singer
- Rouiched, actor
- Sid Ahmed Agoumi, actor
- So Massi, singer
- Chrifa, singer
- Hnifa, singer
- Boudjemaa Agraw, singer
- Oulahlou, singer
- Isabelle Adjani, actress, Kabyle father, German mother
- Mhamed Arezki, actor, Kabyle mother, French father
- Marion Cotillard, actress, Kabyle mother, Breton father
- Dany Boon, comedian, actor, director, Kabyle father, French mother
- Djamila, actress
- Fellag, comedian, actor
- Belkacem Hadjadj, director
- Said Hilmi, actor
- Mohamed Hilmi, actor
- Mohamed Ifticene, director
- Azzedine Meddour, director
- Azzedine Meddour, director
- Kaci Tizi Ouzou, Actor
- Erika Sawajiri, actress, Kabyle mother, Japanese father
- Yasmina, actress
- Malik Zidi, actor, Kabyle father, French mother
Figures of the Algerian resistance and revolution
- Colonel Amirouche, Algerian revolutionary fighter, killed by French troops in 1959.
- Krim Belkacem, Algerian revolutionary fighter, assassinated in 1970.
- Belkacem Radjef, Algerian nationalist and revolutionary (1909–1989).
- Abane Ramdane, joined the revolution in 1956, was assassinated in 1957.
- Lalla Fatma N'Soumer, woman who led western Kabylie in battle against French colonizers.
- Cheik Mohamed el Mokrani, hero of the 1871 uprising, executed by the French the same year.
- Mohand Arav Bessaoud, revolutionary mujahadin, founder of the Academie Berbere and 'spiritual father' of Berberism.
- Ferhat Mehenni, politician, President of the Provisional Government of Kabylia.
- Belaïd Abrika, one of the spokesmen of the Arouch.
- Hocine Aït Ahmed, Algerian revolutionary fighter and secularist politician.
- Nordine Ait Hamouda, secularist politician and son of Colonel Amirouche.
- Saïd Sadi, secularist politician.
- Idriss J. Aberkane, French strategist and political thinker
- Hassen Aberkane, French Councilor of State nominated by the Government of Michel Debré under Charles de Gaulle Great Uncle of Idriss Aberkane.
- Hamou Bouakkaz, French Deputy Mayor of Bertrand Delanoë, Mayor of Paris
- Mustapha Dahleb, Algerian footballer.
- Nasser Bouiche, Algerian footballer.
- Salah Assad, Algerian footballer.
- Azzedine Aït Djoudi, Algerian footballer.
- Rabah Madjer, Algerian footballer.
- Zinedine Zidane, French footballer.
- Karim Benzema, French footballer.
- Moussa Saib, footballer.
- Nassim Sidi Said, Algerian Formula 3000 driver.
- Ali Bencheikh Algerian Footballer born in ath-ouagag (les Bibans-basse-kabylie) province of bordj bou arredj
- Tahar Djaout, writer and journalist assassinated by the GIA in 1993.
- Mouloud Feraoun, writer assassinated by the OAS.
- Abderrahmane Lounési, humorist, poet and writer.
- Mouloud Mammeri, writer and editor.
- Mustapha Ourrad, copyeditor at Charlie Hebdo and victim of attack on their offices
- Mohamed Tamalt, poet, author-journalist.
- Kateb Yacine, playwright and novelist.
Authors writing in the Kabyle language:
- Salem Zenia, kabyle language novelist and poet. Novels: Tafrara, Ighil d wefru.
- Belqasem Ihidjaten very prolific kabyle poet. Works: Asegres, Tamusta n isfra, Ahiwec, seg awal gher wayed.
- Amar MEZDAD main works: 2 novels: Id d wass, Tagrest d urghu, short stories: Tughalin.
- Hmed NEKKAR, novelist. Works: Yugar ucerrig tafawett.
- Yazid ULANSI novelist. Works: Ddida.
- Djamel BENAOUF, poet and novelist. Works: timlilit n tghermiwin, tuzzma tujjma.
- Mouloud Mammeri Works: Inna-as ccix muhend, tajerrumt n tmazight.
- Rachid Aliche novels: Faffa, Asfel.
- Said Sadi novel: Askuti.
- Ben Mohamed poet.,
- French law text http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do?cidTexte=JORFTEXT000000336300
- French Law text from the Council of State http://www.conseil-etat.fr/media/document/avis/342277.pdf