|Founded||Palo Alto, California (2007)|
|Headquarters||New York, New York,
FanSnap was an online search engine for live event tickets, based in Palo Alto, California. Founded in 2007, FanSnap aggregated event-level ticket data from event ticket providers. FanSnap's search engine combined results from ticket issuers and various providers in the ticket resale industry including ticket resale marketplaces such as RazorGator, StubHub, TicketNetwork and eBay, as well as ticket brokers including Ace Ticket, AllShows.com, Barry's Tickets, Gold Coast Tickets and Las Vegas Tickets.
FanSnap did not sell tickets directly to its end-users. Instead, it aggregated event-level ticket data from ticket providers, presented that data in response to user searches and directed users to third-party ticket providers for purchase. FanSnap generated revenue through cost per click and cost per action advertising based upon its referral of users to such third-party ticket providers.
FanSnap's founders possessed experience from the live event ticketing and online search industries and have previously worked at StubHub, Apple Inc., MTV and NexTag. FanSnap raised $15.7 million in start-up capital from General Catalyst Partners of Cambridge, Massachusetts, amongst other investors.
FanSnap was then acquired from Nextag/Wize Commerce by rival ticket search engine SeatGeek in November 2013 for an undisclosed sum. As part of the acquisition, the main FanSnap ticket search engine was discontinued and rolled into SeatGeek's existing ticket search offerings.
- "Meet FanSnap, Search Engine for Live Event Tickets". GigaOm. Retrieved October 14, 2008.
- Mehta, Stephanie N. (February 3, 2009). "Ticket Resellers: A Butt in Every Seat". Fortune Tech Daily. Archived from the original on February 6, 2009. Retrieved February 3, 2009.
- "Ticketonomics". Billboard. Retrieved March 4, 2009.
- "FanSnap". CrunchBase. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- "Nextag acquires ticket search engine FanSnap". TicketNews. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
- "With $2.2M In New Funding, SeatGeek Acquires And Shuts Down Ticketing Competitor FanSnap". TechCrunch. Retrieved December 19, 2013.