|FanX Salt Lake|
|Venue||Salt Palace Convention Center|
|Location(s)||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Inaugurated||September 5, 2013|
|Attendance||127,000 (September 2015)|
|Organized by||Dan Farr Productions|
FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention (formerly Salt Lake Comic Con) is a semi-annual multi-genre pop culture expo held in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. It is produced by Dan Farr and Bryan Brandenburg under Dan Farr Productions and is Utah's most attended convention according to the Governor's Office of Economic Development. The first convention took place at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City. The second event, Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience, was inaugurated in April 2014.  
The first Salt Lake Comic Con was held September 5–7, 2013 and included special guests like Adam West, William Shatner, and Stan Lee with attendance over 70,000. People attended with ticket sales that exceeded 50,000. Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience, the first of two Salt Lake comic conventions in 2014, took place on April 17–19, 2014. FanXperience was attended by over 100,000 people.
On July 25, 2014 San Diego Comic-Con International sent Dan Farr Productions a cease and desist letter over the use of the word "Comic Con." Convention organizers responded with a press release citing their legal position and unwillingness to comply to the cease and desist letter. In December 2017, a San Diego jury found San Diego Comic-Con does hold a trademark on the term "Comic Con," but also found Salt Lake organizers Dan Farr and Bryan Brandenburg did not willfully or intentionally violate it. They awarded SDCC $20,000 in damages, less than the $12 million the non-profit wanted. Subsequently, Farr and Brandenburg re-branded the convention under the name FanX. On January 16, 2018, Farr and Brandenburg filed a motion for a new trial.
In March 2016, Dan Farr Productions partnered with POP Life to expand FanXperience to Asia.
List of events
- Ty Kiisel (February 5, 2014). "The Superhero's Superhero: Salt Lake Comic Con". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved July 16, 2017.
- Cheryl Conner (September 18, 2013). "Salt Lake Comic Con Sets Record By Leveraging Social Marketing Trends". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- Salt Lake Comic Con organizers have San Diego in their sights September 9, 2013
- Katie Harmer (September 4, 2013). "Shatner, Lee and record-breaking crowds: Inaugural Salt Lake Comic Con ends with a bang Today". Deseret News. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- "Salt Lake Comic Con Draws An Unexpected Crowd". KUTV. September 5, 2013. Archived from the original on September 9, 2013. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
- Green, Mark (September 8, 2013). "Massive crowds set several records at 2013 Salt Lake Comic Con". Fox 13. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
- Christensen, Aaron (April 18, 2014). "Star Trek TNG at FanX". Deseret News. Retrieved July 16, 2017.
- Taylor, Amanda (April 17, 2014). "On the scene at Comic Con FanXperience". KSL-TV. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
- William Shatner, Adam West make history at Comic Con September 6, 2013
- At the 11th hour, Salt Lake Comic Con inks icon Stan Lee September 4, 2013
- Massive crowds set several records at 2013 Salt Lake Comic Con September 8, 2013
- SLC Comic Con wraps up with over 50K tickets sold September 8, 2013
- Families introduce kids to Comic Con culture while defending against adult themes September 7, 2013
- Salt Lake Comic Con Sets Record By Leveraging Social Marketing Trends September 18, 2013
- Two Comic Con Events Planned for 2014 November 20, 2013
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend April 18, 2014
- "Battle of the Cons: SD vs. Salt Lake City". UTSanDiego.com. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "San Diego Comic-Con International vs All Comic Cons". saltlakecomiccon.com. 26 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Salt Lake Comic Con might drop 'comic con' from its names". fox13now.com. 15 December 2017. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- Cullins, Ashley. "San Diego Comic-Con Trademark Fight Rages On After Jury Verdict". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- Romero, McKenzie (March 14, 2016). "Salt Lake Comic Con sends FanX to the Far East, brings zombies to Utah". Deseret News. Retrieved July 16, 2017.
- Salt Lake Comic Con Sets Record by Leveraging Social Marketing Trends September 18, 2013
- Salt Lake Comic Con Alumni Page July 29, 2014
- Salt Lake Comic Con Home Page July 29, 2014
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience 2014 Anime Festival July 29, 2014
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience 2014 Jason David Frank Meet-N-Greet July 29, 2014
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience 2014 Zombie Invasion Ball July 29, 2014
- Elvira at Comic Con: The Mistress of the Dark makes her way to Utah April 7, 2014
- Nerdy is the norm: Utah ranks first in country as nerdiest state April 20, 2014
- Salt Lake Comic Con Home Page September 9, 2014
- Salt Lake Comic Con 2014 Film Festival September 9, 2014
- Salt Lake Comic Con 2014 Jason David Frank Meet-N-Greet September 9, 2014
- Smash Comic Con Tournament September 9, 2014
- Over 120,000 attend Salt Lake Comic Con September 7, 2014
- Salt Lake Comic Con wraps up with big stars, big attendance September 3, 2014
- Salt Lake Comic Con Home Page November 19, 2015
- Streamlined FanX event is a win for Salt Lake Comic Con January 31, 2015
- Salt Lake Comic Con Home Page May 4, 2015
- How Many Fans??!! New York Comic Con Sets Attendance Record October 15, 2015
- "SLC Comic Con sets world record for costumed comic book gathering | KSL.com". Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- Funko presents Pop! Life World Tour at Salt Lake Comic Con September 24, 2015
- Salt Lake Comic Con Home Page October 6, 2015
- "Master Guestlist – SLCC 2017". Salt Lake Comic Con September 21–23, 2017. 2017-04-21. Retrieved 2017-06-29.