2 February 1979|
|Event(s)||400 metres hurdles|
|Achievements and titles|
|Highest world ranking||1st|
|Personal best(s)||52.77 sec|
On August 16, 2008, during the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing it was announced that she tested positive for the banned substance methyltrienolone. Chalkia denied she has taken any banned substance, and asked for her 'B' sample to be tested, which also tested positive the next day. On December 12, 2008, the IAAF announced that she would be banned from the sport for two years.
|22 August 2004||400 meters hurdles||Athens, Greece||52.77 s (OR)|
|12 September 2004||400 meters||Berlin, Germany||50.56 s (NR)|
|6 March 2004||400 meters (indoor)||Budapest, Hungary||51.68 s (NR)|
|24 June 2007||200 meters||Munich, Germany||23.30 s |
|1998||World Junior Championships||Annecy, France||27th (h)||400m hurdles||62.50|
|2004||World Indoor Championships||Budapest, Hungary||6th||400 m||52.90|
|6th||4 × 400 m relay||3:39.23|
|Olympic Games||Athens, Greece||1st||400 m hurdles||52.82|
|7th||4 × 400 m relay||3:45.70|
|World Athletics Final||Monte Carlo, Monaco||4th||400 m hurdles||55.10|
|2006||European Championships||Gothenburg, Sweden||2nd||400 m hurdles||54.02|
|World Cup||Athens, Greece||5th||400 m||50.94 (SB)|
|2007||World Championships||Osaka, Japan||22nd (h)||400 m hurdles||56.58|
- "Faní Halkia". IAAF.org. International Association of Athletics Federations. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Fani Khalkia". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 3 December 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- "Greece's Halkia fails test: officials". Reuters. 16 August 2008. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Greek champion fails drugs test". BBC News. 2008-08-17. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- "IOC DISCIPLINARY COMMISSION DECISION REGARDING Ms FANI CHALKIA" (PDF). Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-09-08.
- "Greek all-time list, women". Athletixorg. Archived from the original on December 3, 2013.
| Women's 400 m Hurdles Best Year Performance
|This article about a Greek Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to Greek athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|