List of five-number lottery games
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2011)|
The following is a list of lottery games in the United States and Canada in which five regular numbers are drawn from a larger set of numbers. The list includes the name, the number field for each, and the frequency of drawings. All pick-5 games in the U.S. and Canada are drawn multiple times per week (usually nightly, including Sundays and holidays); some lotteries now draw a five-number game twice daily.
Most U.S. pick-5 games now have a progressive jackpot, even in games that are drawn daily; in unusual cases, a single ticket has won a cash prize in excess of $1 million. A common top prize in non-jackpot pick-5 games is $100,000. (In the lists below, games with a jackpot do not have a dollar figure listed.) Depending on the game, a minimum of either two or three numbers (not counting a "bonus ball") must be matched for a winning ticket. (A 2/5 match usually results in a free play for that game, or a "break-even" win; for the latter, the player wins back their stake on that particular five-number wager.) Prize payouts depending on the game are either fixed (with parimutuel exceptions), are always parimutuel, or feature a parimutuel jackpot with fixed lower-tier prizes.
With very few exceptions, all U.S. and Canadian games where five regular numbers are drawn from the same pool have had a lump sum jackpot/grand prize, hence the word Cash is used as part of the name of several such games.
Except where noted, all current pick-5 games listed here cost $1 per play. Some pick-5 games have introduced an add-on wager, usually $1, either as an "instant match" feature, or, as in the additional 50-cent Connecticut Cash 5 wager Kicker, to give a player additional prize levels.
The lists do not include "4+1" games, such as Florida's Mega Money and Texas Two-Step, where all five numbers must be matched to win the jackpot, but are drawn from two number fields.
The numbers games DC-5, Georgia Five, Ohio Pick 5, and Pennsylvania's Quinto also do not truly fit this category, as they are five-digit games with "straight" and "box" wagers; they are otherwise played like many US pick-3 and pick-4 games.
U.S. pick-5 games
- Tri-State Lottery (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont) Gimme5 (39 numbers; Monday, Wednesday, & Friday)
- Arizona Fantasy 5 (41 numbers, daily except Sunday)
- California Fantasy 5 (39 numbers, daily)
- Colorado Cash 5 (32 numbers, daily)
- Connecticut Cash5 (35 numbers, daily)
- Delaware Delaware Cash 5 (33; Tuesday & Saturday)
- Florida Fantasy 5 (36 numbers, daily)
- Georgia Fantasy 5 (39 numbers, daily)
- Idaho Double Play Daily (36 numbers, daily)
- Illinois Lucky Day Lotto (39 numbers, daily; originally Little Lotto)
- Indiana Cash 5 (39 numbers, daily)
- Iowa $100,000 Cash Game (35 numbers; daily except Sunday)
- Kentucky 5 Card Cash (52 cards; game combines a drawing and a poker-style instant-win feature)
- Louisiana Easy 5 (37 numbers, daily)
- Maryland Bonus Match 5 (39 numbers, daily)
- Massachusetts Mass Cash (35 numbers,daily)
- Michigan Fantasy 5 (39 numbers, daily)
- Minnesota Gopher 5 (47 numbers, Monday, Wednesday, & Friday) and Northstar Cash (31 numbers, daily)
- Missouri Show Me Ca$h (39 numbers, daily)
- Montana Montana Cash (37 numbers, 2 plays/$1, Wednesday & Saturday)
- Nebraska Pick 5 (38 numbers, daily except Sunday)
- New Jersey Jersey Cash 5 (40 numbers, daily)
- New Mexico Roadrunner Cash (37 numbers, daily except Sunday)
- New York Take 5 (39 numbers, daily)
- North Carolina Carolina Cash 5 (39 numbers, daily)
- Ohio Rolling Cash 5 (39 numbers, daily)
- Oklahoma Cash 5 (36 numbers, daily)
- Pennsylvania Cash 5 (43 numbers, daily) and Treasure Hunt (30 numbers, daily)
- Rhode Island Wild Money (35 numbers, Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday)
- South Carolina Palmetto Cash 5 (38 numbers, daily)
- South Dakota Dakota Cash (35 numbers, Wednesday & Saturday)
- Texas Cash Five (37 numbers; daily except Sunday)
- Virginia Cash 5 (34 numbers, twice daily)
- Washington Hit 5 (39 numbers, Monday, Wednesday, & Saturday)
- Wisconsin Badger 5 (31 number, daily)