Fantasy Masterworks is a series of paperbacks intended to comprise "some of the greatest, most original, and most influential fantasy ever written", and claimed by its publisher Millennium (an imprint of Victor Gollancz) to be "the books which, along with Tolkien, Peake and others, shaped modern fantasy."
The books were numbered only through No. 50; in the 2013 reboot of the series the books are unnumbered, have a uniform look, and feature introductions by well-known writers and critics.
Numbered paperback series (2000-2007)
* Also published in the Fantasy Masterworks numbered series.
- List of Fantasy Masterworks in order of publication with extensive reviews.
- Fantasy Masterworks overview and reviews — List of Fantasy Masterworks numbered series in reverse order of publication with shorter reviews at The SF Site.
- The Fantasy Masterworks List — A graphical presentation of the Fantasy Masterworks.
- According to the back cover of e.g. Howard, Robert E. (2000). The Conan Chronicles Volume 1: The People of the Black Circle. Fantasy Masterworks. Millennium. ISBN 1-85798-996-1.
- Gollancz editor Simon Spanton on the Future Classics promotion