Fantasy Westward Journey
Fantasy Westward Journey (simplified Chinese: 梦幻西游; traditional Chinese: 夢幻西遊; pinyin: Mèng Huàn Xī Yóu) is a MMORPG developed and run by NetEase. The game is the most popular online game in China as of May 2007 by peak concurrent users (PCU), with a peak count of 1.5 million. Registered users reached 25 million by April 2005, with 576,000 peak concurrent players on 198 game servers, considered the fastest growing online game in China at the time. Average concurrent users was reported in August 2006 to be around 400,000. The game uses the same engine as Westward Journey II with a distinctively different graphical style. Both games are inspired by the Chinese novel Journey to the West.
In 2006 July, the administrators dissolved a 700-member anti-Japanese guild, and locked the account of its founder for having an anti-Japanese user name. A mass protest took place in the game days later on July 7, the anniversary of the beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War, with up to 80,000 users joining the online protest on one of the servers.
In Other Media
Animation- Fantasy Westward Journey launched its first 3D-animation in 2015, after presents on the Chinese mainstream online video platform, it successively launched on several Chinese TV station.
- China Analyst - News and Insights on U.S.-Listed Chinese Stocks: Ranking of Top 10 Online Games in China and Its Implications
- Xinhua. "夢幻西遊"搭車"動感地帶" 網遊結盟中移動. Apr 6, 2005. (Chinese)
- if:book: controversy in a MMORPG
- WORLDBEAT - Chinese take anti-Japan protest online - Network World
- "情怀之作 梦幻西游2动画片感动继续_网络游戏梦幻西游2_官方网站合作专区_新浪游戏_新浪网". games.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2015-11-08.
|This massively multiplayer online role-playing game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|