Otley Road in Far Headingley, showing the New Inn and the Three Horseshoes.
|Far Headingley shown within West Yorkshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||LS6, LS16|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
Arthur Ransome, author of the Swallows and Amazons series of children's books, was born in Headingley but moved to Far Headingley as a child in 1890. His father Cyril Ransome was a professor at the University of Leeds and had lived in Far Headingley before his marriage in 1882. It was at his house in Hollin Lane that the young Prince Alamayou of Ethiopia died in 1869.
- Far Headingley Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan from Leeds City Council, approved 10 November 2008
- Far Headingley Village Society website
- Headingley LitFest Blog (2010)
- Cottage Road Cinema website
- St Chad's parish church website
- The ancient parish of Leeds: historical and genealogical information at GENUKI (Far Headingley was in this parish).