Far Out Man
|Far Out Man|
Theatrical release poster.
|Directed by||Tommy Chong|
|Produced by||Lisa M. Hansen
|Written by||Tommy Chong|
C. Thomas Howell
Rae Dawn Chong
|Music by||Jay Chattaway|
|Edited by||Stephen Myers
Gilberto Costa Nunes
|Distributed by||New Line Cinema|
Far Out Man was a 1990 comedy film written, directed by and starring Tommy Chong. It was filmed in Los Angeles, California, USA. Cinetel Films produced the movie and it was distributed in USA theaters by New Line Cinema, Sony Video (VHS), Platinum Disc (DVD), and RCA/Columbia Pictures Home Video (VHS). It was distributed in Germany by Ascot Video (VHS) and in Brazil by Odyssey (VHS). It was distributed in Canadian theaters by Alliance.
An aging hippie goes on a road trip in search of his long lost family. He meets up with his son (Paris Chong, Tommy's real-life son). Together they go off to see America. A majority of Tommy’s real life family have roles; daughter Rae Dawn and wife Shelby both have lines. Chong's former partner Cheech Marin makes an cameo appearance as a passenger in the back of Far Out Man's truck.
- Tommy Chong as Far Out Man
- C. Thomas Howell as himself
- Rae Dawn Chong as herself
- Shelby Chong as Tree
- Paris Chong as Kyle
- Martin Mull as Dr. Leddledick
- Bobby Taylor as Bobby
- Reynaldo Rey as Lou
- Peggy McIntaggart as Misty (Peggy F. Sands)
- Al Mancini as Fresno detective
- Judd Nelson as himself
- Cheech Marin as Cheech
- Michael Winslow as airport cop
- Lisa M. Hansen as police radio dispatcher
- Rae Allen as Holly
- Paul Bartel as Weebee Cool
- Paul Hertzberg as Drunk man with wine
- Rob Perlis
Floyd Sneed, former drummer of the rock group Three Dog Night, made a small cameo in the film as a drummer.
- Bloom, Steve; Halperin, Shirley (2010), Reefer Movie Madness: The Ultimate Stoner Film Guide, Abrams, p. 113, ISBN 1613120168.
|This film article about a 1990s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|