Far Rockaway Skate Park
|Far Rockaway Skate Park|
|Farrockaway Skate Park|
|Location||Far Rockaway, Queens|
|Area||15,700 Sq Ft|
|Designer||SITE Design Group|
|Owned by||New York City Department of Parks and Recreation|
Far Rockaway Skate Park is a public skate park in Rockaway Beach, Queens opened in 2011. The park is open dawn till dusk and is unsupervised. In addition to skateboarding, scooters and inline skates are permitted. The park was built over a large parking lot that was reduced in size but not eliminated. The skatepark project was part of a larger renovation of O'Donohue Park that began in 2010 and was completed in 2011. The park was designed by SITE Design Group and built by California Skateparks.
Gallery of Photos from Far Rockaway Skate Park
- "Far Rockaway Skate Park Archives". NYSkateboarding.com. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- "sitedesigngroup | New York - Far Rockaway - Skate Park". sitedesigngroup. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- "Far Rockaway Skatepark | Skatepark in New York". SKATE.in. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- November 23, The Wave | on; 2007 (2007-11-23). "Another Skate Park Coming Soon To Rockaway | The Wave". The Wave | Rockaway Beach, NY. Retrieved 2019-11-02.
- "Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Skate Parks : NYC Parks". www.nycgovparks.org. Retrieved 2019-11-24.
- October 15, The Wave | on; 2010 (2010-10-15). "City To Break Ground On East End Park Improvements | The Wave". The Wave | Rockaway Beach, NY. Retrieved 2019-11-24.