Far Rockaway Skate Park
|Far Rockaway Skate Park|
|Farrockaway Skate Park|
|Location||Far Rockaway, Queens, New York|
|Area||15,700 square feet (1,460 m2)|
|Designer||SITE Design Group|
|Owned by||New York City Department of Parks and Recreation|
Far Rockaway Skate Park is a public skate park on the Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk in Far Rockaway, Queens, New York City, opened in 2011. The park is open dawn till dusk and is unsupervised. In addition to skateboarding, scooters and inline skates are permitted. The park was built over a large parking lot that was reduced in size but not eliminated. The skatepark project was part of a larger renovation of O'Donohue Park that began in 2010 and was completed in 2011. The park was designed by SITE Design Group and built by California Skateparks.
- "Far Rockaway Skate Park Archives". NYSkateboarding.com. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- "sitedesigngroup | New York - Far Rockaway - Skate Park". sitedesigngroup. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- "Far Rockaway Skatepark | Skatepark in New York". SKATE.in. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- November 23, The Wave | on; 2007 (November 23, 2007). "Another Skate Park Coming Soon To Rockaway | The Wave". The Wave | Rockaway Beach, NY. Retrieved November 2, 2019.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Skate Parks : NYC Parks". www.nycgovparks.org. Retrieved November 24, 2019.
- October 15, The Wave | on; 2010 (October 15, 2010). "City To Break Ground On East End Park Improvements | The Wave". The Wave | Rockaway Beach, NY. Retrieved November 24, 2019.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)