This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fateri speaking at the Pinnacle Leadership Conference
|Education||Institut Le Rosey |
Alliant International University
|Title||President & Chief Executive Officer|
Fardad Fateri has been involved in post-secondary career education for decades including President/CEO of International Education Corporation, which includes UEI College, United Education Institute, Florida Career College, and US Colleges.
Fateri has been in the higher education field since 1988 as a professor, director, dean, college president, division president, system president and CEO. He has worked in non-profit, for-profit, privately funded, publicly funded and market funded higher education organizations.
Early life and education
Born in Tehran, Iran to Mohamad Fateri and Farideh Fateri who were both from the City of Babol in the province of Mazandaran in Northern Iran. Fateri's father grew up in a very poor family and worked as a street vendor until he was a teenager. From there, he got into residential and commercial real estate, as well as, a cotton farmer and processor. Being in the cotton industry led him to export cotton to Germany. At the age of 12, Fateri's parents sent him to attend the well-known international boarding school Institut Le Rosey in La Rolle Switzerland. Fateri has stated he was the poorest student attending Le Rosey.
After completing his studies at Le Rosey in La Rolle and Gstaad, Switzerland, Fardad came to the United States to attend University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA). In the spring of 1985, Fardad graduated from the University of California, Irvine with a Bachelor of Arts degree in social science. He then went to California State University, Fullerton where he earned his Master of Arts degree in social science in less than a year. After graduating with his master's, Fardad enrolled in Alliant International University’s doctoral program in San Diego, California. At AIU, he earned a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in leadership and human behavior with a specialization in industrial and organizational behavior with a dissertation, "Sex-role orientations and perceived leadership behavior of female and male middle managers in electronic firms".
Fateri was appointed to president of DeVry University in 2002. During his time as president, he continued publishing articles in educational journals including Journal of Ethnic Studies & Ethnic Bibliography, California Career Education Association Journal, and Fifth National Conference, Students in Transition.
In January 2008, he left Corinthian Colleges.
Fateri started serving as the president, chief executive officer, and board director of International Education Corporation(IEC) in early 2008. IEC is a private multi-site and multi-state postsecondary career education system offering short-term programs in high demand jobs.
In 2011, he joined Cogswell Polytechnical Colleges member of the Board of Trustees.
In 2012, Fateri published, “The Fall of American Education”.
In September 2018, Fardad Fateri published his book, “A Culture of Excellence: The Art, Discipline, and Practice of Breakthrough Leadership” published by Harvard Schuster. 
This section is missing information about ISBN's, OCLC's, DOI's, or other such identifiers which make verification or conducting research easier.June 2019)(
The following are several essays, articles, and opinions that have been found in various outlets:
- Advanced Placement Psychology: A Practical Guide for Teachers
- Alternatives to Deadly Force: What the Future Holds
- Methods Dealing with Cross-Cultural Concerns: A Case Study of the Iranian New Year
- The Politics of Diversity: From the Melting Pot to the Salad Bowl
- Understanding Diversity: A Transformation in Intellectual Perception
- The Evolution of Iran’s Political Economy Since 1988
- From College Degrees to College Education: A Paradigm Shift in the Higher Education Ecosystem
- "The American Narrative Re-Visited: A Multidimensional Comparative Framework for Disruption"
- An Open Letter to Congress
- The Fall of American Education
- Legendary Education: Transforming Scholars into Luminaries (contributing author) (Intercultural Education)
- The Profile of the Successful Educational Enterprise in the Year 2010 (California Career Education Association Journal)
- Designing the Future of Education through Partnerships, Technological Infusion, Measurable Learning Outcomes, and Career-Related Programs (California Career Education Association Journal)
- Valuing Diversity in America: The Challenge of the 21st Century (Journal of Ethnic Studies & Ethnic Bibliography)
- “A Culture of Excellence: The Art, Discipline, and Practice of Breakthrough Leadership”. Harvard Schuster.
- "Leadership Team | International Education Corporation | Irvine, California". IEC Colleges. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "Leadership Team | International Education Corporation | Irvine, California". Mysite. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "Finding Himself in Cultural Celebration". Los Angeles Times. 23 March 1998. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- Fateri, Fardad (1989). Sex-role orientations and perceived leadership behavior offemale and male middle managers in electronic firms. San Diego, CA: United States International Universit. p. 172. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Fateri, Fardad (1989). "Sex-role orientations and perceived leadership behavior of female and male middle managers in electronic firms". Retrieved 28 July 2019.. OCLC 57151434
- "Meet Our New 2016 Commissioners". Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "The Fall of American Education". www.uei.edu. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "Fardad Fateri Ph.D.: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Fardad Fateri (2019-01-30), What Brought You to IEC and Higher Education | Fardad Fateri, retrieved 2019-06-05
- "Leadership Team | International Education Corporation | Irvine, California". IEC Colleges. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Cogswell College Catalog" (PDF). Cogswell.org. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "The Fall of American Education". UEI.edu. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "A Culture of Excellence". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- Brown, Fred & Conforti, Dan. DAC Educational Publications, Advanced Placement Psychology, 1991. Print. OCLC 28280107
- Journal of California Law Enforcement, Vol. 24, No.1, 1990. Print. OCLC 2750892
- Journal of California Law Enforcement, Vol. 24, No.3, 1990. Print. OCLC 2750892
- Journal of California Law Enforcement, Vol. 25, No.4, 1991. Print. OCLC 2750892
- Farhang, The Persian Cultural Review, Vol. 1, No. 2, 1994. Print. OCLC 52034214
- A Publication of the Center for International Studies: Journal of International Studies, Volume 1, Number 2, 1993. Print. OCLC 31365561
- Corporation, International Education. "The American Narrative Re-Visited: A Multidimensional Comparative Framework for Disruption". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "International Education Corp. Fights for College Access for Low-Income Families - Press Release". Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "President and CEO of International Education Corporation Comments on the Fall of American Education - Press Release". Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "From College Degrees to College Education: A Paradigm Shift in the Higher Education Ecosystem". MarketWatch. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Ethnic Forum, Journal of Ethnic Studies and Ethnic Bibliography, Volume 15, Numbers 1-2, 1095. Print. OCLC 174060358