|Origin||Greensboro, North Carolina, USA|
|Members||Marshall Davis - Lead Singer
Kevin Carter - Guitar
Wil Andrews - Guitar
Buddy Bell - Bass
Jeff Ellis - Drums
Martin Cagle - Keyboard/Vocals
|Past members||Chris Lee - Keyboard/Vocals
Jordan Bullock - Guitar/Vocals
Ryan Morgan - Guitar/Vocals
Joe Norkus - Bass
Farewell is an American pop punk band formed in 2004 in Greensboro, North Carolina. They were signed to Epitaph Records releasing two CDs. After fulfilling their contractual obligations with the release of their second CD, the relationship with Epitaph ended.
After posting new tracks on their MySpace page, Farewell was scouted by the owner of Epitaph Records, Brett Gurewitz who offered them a deal in March 2007. The band's first full-length album, Isn't This Supposed to Be Fun? appeared on the label on September 25, 2007. The album was released in The UK on February 4, 2008. Farewell was slated to tour the UK with Cartel in 2008, but the tour was cancelled. They then proceeded to tour the UK with You Me at Six and Houston Calls in October 2008.
Farewell cites punk rock bands such as Green Day, Jawbreaker and Alkaline Trio as influences. On July 25, 2008, Chris Lee left the band. On April 22, 2009, Kevin Carter was named The Triad's Best Guitarist of 2009 in YES! Weekly's reader's choice awards. Their second album entitled Run It Up the Flagpole was released on September 1, 2009.
After a hiatus in 2010, Farewell announced on October 16, 2011 that they are working on a new album to be released in the winter of 2012. Farewell once again began writing new material in the summer of 2013, though no new release date has been confirmed from the band.
Albums and EPs
|Date of Release||Title||US Billboard 200 Peak|
|March 24, 2005||Poisoning the Lark EP||-|
|September 25, 2007||Isn't This Supposed to Be Fun!?||-|
|September 1, 2009||Run It Up the Flagpole||-|
|Date of Release||Song||US Billboard 200 Peak||Album|
|March 24, 2005||Kelley Green||-||Poisoning the Lark EP|
|September 25, 2007||First One On The Blog||-||Isn't This Supposed to Be Fun!?|
- allmusic ((( Farewell > Biography )))
- Farewell at Allmusic
- Scaccia, Annamarya. "Epitaph's newest signing to release debut album", Alternative Press, 7 August 2007.
- Review of Isn't This Supposed to Be Fun?. Aversion.com.
- Farewell at MusicRemedy.com
- "Review of Farewell: Isn't This Supposed to Be Fun?". The Album Project. Archived from the original on 21 April 2009.
- Review of Isn't This Supposed to Be Fun?. Absolutepunk.net.
- Farewell Album to Get UK Release. Rocklouder.
- Reviews. The Irish Independent.
- Album Reviews. The Irish Times.
- Farewell Cancel UK Tour. Rocklouder.
- Pomarico, Nicole. "Up and coming artist: Farewell", Teen, 2007.
- Bayer, J: pg 64, Alternative Press No. 233 December 2007
- Chris Leaves Farewell. AbsolutePunk.
- YES! Weekly The Triad's Best Reader's Choice Awards Archived 2012-07-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- . Absolute Punk.
- Farewell Reunite. Property of Zack.
- . AbsolutePunk.