Farewell Continental perform at the Rock and Roll Hotel in Washington, DC in 2011
|Origin||Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Genres||Alternative rock, Indie rock, Emo|
|Labels||Paper + Plastick|
|Associated acts||Motion City Soundtrack, Small Towns Burn a Little Slower, Mourner, Liar in Wait, Party House, Deleter, And We Danced, The Company We Keep|
Farewell Continental is an American rock band from Minneapolis, Minnesota, formed in 2008. The group is the side project of Motion City Soundtrack frontman, Justin Pierre. The group also features keyboardist and vocalist Kari Gray, guitarist Thomas Rehbein, bassist Jim Adolphson and Josh McKay. They have released two EPs and a full-length LP through Paper + Plastick Records.
The group began as in 2007 consisting of Justin Pierre and Thomas Rehbein. Pierre was in the middle of recording the album, Even If It Kills Me with his other band, Motion City Soundtrack and decided to make something considerably less poppy. In early 2008, they added three additional members, Kari Gray, Jim Adolphson and Josh McKay to round out the lineup.
- Justin Pierre – vocals, guitar (2007–present)
- Kari Gray – vocals, keyboards (2008–present)
- Thomas Rehbein – guitar (2007–present)
- Jim Adolphson – bass (2008–present)
- Josh McKay – drums (2008–present)
- "Hey, Hey Pioneers!". Allmusic. Allmusic. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- Karan, Tim. "Farewell Continental unveil true identities, set release date". Alternative Press. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Paper + Plastick Vinylography". Paper + Plastick. Paper + Plastick. Archived from the original on May 13, 2012. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- Pettigrew, Jason. "Farewell Continental". Alternative Press. Alternative Press. Retrieved May 17, 2012.