Ardavan Farhad Moshiri
18 May 1955
|Alma mater||University College London|
|Occupation||Owner of Everton|
Shareholder of USM Holdings
Shareholder of MegaFon
Shareholder of Metalloinvest
|Spouse(s)||Nazenin Ansari (ex-wife)|
Ardavan Farhad Moshiri (Persian: اردوان فرهاد ﻣﺸﻴﺮى; born 18 May 1955) is a British-Iranian businessman and investor who resides in Monaco. Moshiri owns and has shares in numerous steel and energy companies in the UK and Russia, as well as a 77.2% stake in Everton F.C.
Moshiri was born in Iran, and his parents left just before the revolution in 1979. Moshiri has said that his father was "an army doctor who trained as a pathologist and later became a senior military judge", and his mother "came from Iran's leading publishing house, Kayhan." He was educated at University College London, and trained in the UK as a chartered certified accountant.
Moshiri and longstanding business partner Alisher Usmanov were co-owners of Red & White Holdings, which bought 14.65% of the shares in Arsenal F.C. from former club vice-chairman David Dein in August 2007. On 18 September 2007, Red and White Holdings increased their stake in Arsenal to 21%, and on 28 September 2007 to 23%, a week after Moshiri announced that he wanted at least a 25% holding in the football club. As of June 2012, Red and White Holdings have acquired at least 29.72%. Arsenal managing director Keith Edelman told BBC Radio 5 Live, "They've said previously they are not going to make a bid for the company and they want to be long-term shareholders."
In February 2016 it was announced that Moshiri had sold his stake in Arsenal Football Club to Red & White Holdings partner Usmanov in a bid to raise capital required to launch a takeover at Everton F.C. On 27 February, the club officially confirmed Moshiri's purchase of a 49.9% stake in the club, which was ratified two weeks later by the Premier League. He currently part owns Everton F.C.
Moshiri lives in Monaco. His former wife Nazenin Ansari is a London-based Iranian journalist, managing editor of Kayhan London, a weekly Persian-language newspaper, and series producer at Manoto, an international free-to-air Persian language TV channel. They have two children.
- "Everton on Twitter: "BREAKING: The Club is to have a new major shareholder in Farhad Moshiri who brings the promise of new investment. More to follow. #EFC"". Twitter. 18 August 2008. Retrieved 27 February 2016.[non-primary source needed]
- "Farhad Moshiri". Forbes. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Business: Washington Post Business Page, Business News". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- More about Farhad Moshiri. And is it David Dein's ego vs Arsenal's interest?. BBC UK. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- Andy Hunter (1 January 1970). "Everton's new majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri likely to increase stake | Football". The Guardian. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "Everton takeover – Farhad Moshiri who is he?". Liverpool Echo. 27 February 2016. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
-  Archived 31 January 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "Everton poised for takeover by former Arsenal shareholder Farhad Moshiri". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- Miles, Tina (27 February 2016). "Who is Farhad Moshiri's wife Nazenin Ansari?". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
|This article about a British businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|