|Born||1975 (age 41–42)
|Occupation||Producer and screenwriter|
|Spouse(s)||Laura Regan (2007–present)|
Farhad Safinia was born in Tehran, Iran, in 1975. He left Iran with his family at the age of four to live in Paris, then London. He studied at Charterhouse School and then at King's College, Cambridge, where he studied Economics. While at King's he directed and acted in a number of stage productions for the Cambridge University Amateur Dramatic Club and other theatre companies. After graduating, he moved to New York City where he studied film at the New School University and at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. In the summer of 2007 he married actress Laura Regan in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He is the grandson in law of John Harrison, son in law of Gerald Regan and Siblings in law of Geoff Regan, Kelly Regan and Nancy Regan.
Apocalypto (2006), which he co-wrote with director/producer Mel Gibson, is his first feature-length screenplay. Safinia met Gibson serving as his assistant during postproduction and promotion of The Passion of the Christ two years earlier. He was also the creator, writer and executive producer of the Starz TV series Boss. He currently lives in Los Angeles.
- Nicole Sperling (December 17, 2006). "With help from a friend, Mel cut to the chase". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on June 22, 2008.
- Nicole Sperling (December 15, 2006). "With help from a friend, Mel cut to the chase". The Washington Post.
- "APOCALYPTO – The Official Movie Website". movies.go.com. January 10, 2007. Retrieved January 10, 2007.
- Farhad Safinia on IMDb
- Farhad Safinia filmography at NY Times
- Apocalypto official movie page – Includes brief bio on Safinia
|This article about a screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|