فرحان سعید بٹ
Saeed at IPPA 2017 in London
Farhan Saeed Butt
September 14, 1984
|Education||Crescent Model Higher Secondary School Keynesian Institute of Management and Sciences(KIMS)|
|Alma mater||National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences|
|Known for||Jal (band)|
|Awards||Lux Style Award for Song of the Year|
|Years active||2003 – present|
Farhan Saeed (born 14 September 1984) is a Pakistani singer-songwriter, actor, director, and entrepreneur. Farhan was the former lead vocalist of the Pakistani band Jal and is the owner of the restaurant Cafe Rock in Lahore. He has sung in Urdu as well as in Punjabi. Since 2014 he also turned towards acting, and gained recognition for his role in Hum TV's serial Udaari (2016) and for his leading role in Hum TV's another serial Suno Chanda (2018).
Farhan Saeed was born on September 14, 1984 into a Kashmiri family. Both his parents are practising doctors. Music fan from the very start, he used to listen to Vital Signs and Junoon and centred his music around pop, and at times folk. In his teens, he took A-Level from Keynesian Institute of Management and Sciences(KIMS) and then enrolled for Computer Sciences to National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, after which he discovered his future band members in Atif and Gohar. The band took off and got famous across entire Asia for their brilliant brand of music. In 2011, reports broke out that he had parted his ways from Jal, which left his fans stunned. He pursued a solo career and became regular to feature in Bollywood. Saeed opened Cafe Rock restaurant at Hussain Chowk, situated off the M. M. Alam Road, Gulberg, Lahore. The restaurant follows the theme/trend of Hard Rock Cafes, providing underground bands and young aspiring artists with a platform to project themselves and perform in front of an audience. He married Urwa Hocane on 16 December 2016.
Solo music career
In September 2011, in an exclusive interview with The Express Tribune, Farhan shocked the fans claiming that he has left Jal to pursue a solo career despite Goher Mumtaz offering him to continue his solo career while being a part of Jal. On 8 September 2011, Farhan's departure was confirmed by Jal's guitarist Goher Mumtaz who wished him luck for his solo career.
He made his Bollywood-singing breakthrough in 2014, by contributing a song to Vikram Bhatt's Creature 3D. The song, Naam-e-Wafa, is a romantic-duet with Indian vocalist Tulsi Kumar as the co-singer and Mithoon as the composer.
Farhan started his acting career by debuting in a leading role in the 2014 Hum TV drama serial De Ijazat Jo Tu alongside Sohai Ali Abro, Saba Hameed and Javaid Sheikh. He then played the lead role as Mohid Shuja in ARY Digital's Mere Ajnabi alongside Urwa Hocane who was the female lead. He has also played a lead role of Arsh in the drama Udaari as a lawyer along with female lead Urwa. Apart from acting in the drama, Farhan has also collaborated with Hadiqa Kiani for the OST that has topped music charts all over Pakistan.
In 2018 he grabbed the leading role of Arsal Jamshed Ali (Arsal) in Hum TV's hit drama serial Suno Chanda, with Iqra Aziz as the leading female role, and due to the critical success of the show, a season 2 was immediately announced by the producers.
He had the leading role in Karachi Se Lahore 3 with Kubra Khan as co-star, the third installment of Wajahat Rauf's successful series including the box-office hits Karachi Se Lahore and Lahore Se Aagey, and which would have been his feature film debut, but he had to quit the project because of music tours and concerts he was already committed to.
In early 2019 it was announced that he'll get his first lead role in a movie in Tich Button, a rom-com co-produced by his wife Urwa Hocane under their joint new production company Shooting Star Studio.
As a director
He turned to direction with the 2018 music video of O Jaana from the singer-songwriter Hamza Malik, starring actress Iqra Aziz and featuring musicians Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Sahir Ali Bagga.
|2004||Aadat||as member of Jal|
|"Kyun Gayi"||Dil Tenu Karda Ae Pyar||Hindi song|
|2012||"Pi Jaon"||co-singer Momina Mustehsan ; Nominated – Lux Style Awards for Best Song of the Year|
|"Meethi Yaadein"||Qasam Se Qasam Se||Single|
|2013||"Halka Halka Suroor"|
|"Bhool Na Jaana"||Main Aur Mr. Riight||Single|
|"Roiyaan"||Lux Style Awards for Best Song of the Year,
Hum Awards for Best Music Single
|Mere Ajnabi||Mere Ajnabi||Single|
|"Sajna Ve Sajna"||Udaari||co-singer Hadiqa Kiani|
|"Jab Se Miley Tum"||co-singer Maryam Fatima|
|"Bol Ke Lab"||co-singer Hadiqa Kiani|
|"Teri Chah Mein"||Teri Chah Mein|
|"Koi Rokay Na Mujhe"||Nominated-Hum Award for best music vedio|
|2017||"Rab Rakha"||Punjab Nahi Jaungi|
|"Dekh Tera Kya/Latthay Di Chaadar"||Coke Studio 10||co-singer Qurat-ul-Ain Balouch|
|"Thodi Der"||Half Girlfriend||co-singer Shreya Ghoshal|
|2018||"Dil Hua Panchi"||Single|
|"Suno Chanda"||Suno Chanda|
|"Maula"||collaboration with Rishi Rich|
|"Musafir"||Parwaaz Hai Junoon|
|"Haari Haari"||Aangan||Co-singer Naveed Nashad|
|2019||"Suno Chanda||Suno Chanda 2||co-singer Damia Farooq|
|2018||"O Jaana"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan & Hamza Mallik|
|2014||De Ijazat Jo Tu||Sarmad|||
|2015||Mere Ajnabi||Mohid Shuja|||
|2016||Udaari||Arsh||Nominated – Hum Award for Best Supporting Actor|||
|2016-2017||Teri Chah Mein||Faisal Khan|||
|2017||Pyar Ki Love Story||Haadi||Telefilm|
|2018||Suno Chanda||Arsalan Jamshed Ali (Arsal)||Playback singer for title song,
Nominated-Hum Awards for Best Actor
|2018||Iss Dil Ki Essi Ki Tessi||Azhar||Telefilm|||
|2019||Suno Chanda 2||Arsalan Jamshed Ali (Arsal)||Also playback singer for title song|||
|2017||Punjab Nahi Jaungi||Special appearance||Cameo|||
Awards and nominations
|2013||12th Lux Style Awards||Best Song of the Year – "Pi Jaun"||Nominated|||
|2014||2nd Hum Awards||Best Solo Artist – "Kyun Gae"||Nominated|
|2015||14th Lux Style Awards||Best Song of the Year – "Roiyaan"||Won|||
|2015||3rd Hum Awards||Best Music Single – "Roiyaan"||Won|||
|2017||5th Hum Awards||Best Supporting Actor – Udaari||Nominated|||
|2017||5th Hum Awards||Best Music Single – "Koi Ruke Mujhay"||Nominated|||
|2017||5th Hum Awards||Best Onscreen Couple – Udaari (with Urwa Hocane)||Won|||
|2018||Zee Cine Awards||Best Music Director – Half Girlfriend||Nominated|||
|2019||18th Lux Style Awards||Best Original Sound Track – Aangan||Nominated|||
|2019||7th Hum Awards||Best Actor – Suno Chanda||Won|||
|2019||7th Hum Awards||Best on-screen couple along-with Iqra Aziz – Suno chanda||Won|
- Xari Jalil and Ramsha Jahangir (20 July 2018), "The music of politicking", Dawn News. Retrieved 3 April 2019.
- admin on (18 February 2010). "Farhan Saeed's Café Rock opening, rocked!". Tvmasty.com. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- Samarth Goyal (11 August 2018), "Farhan Saeed has 'no regrets' on quitting Jal", HT City. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
- Mahmood, Rafay. "Farhan leaves Jal – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Goher Mumtaz on Jal band's recent break-up, wishes Farhan Luck". PakiUM.com. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- "Farhan Saeed and Tulsi Kumar – Naam-E-Wafa OST Creature 3D". Pakium.
- "Mere Ajnabi - ARY Digital". www.arydigital.tv. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- Naqvi, Ahmer (30 May 2016). "Pop goes the silver screen! How musicians in Pakistan found their niche in cinema - again".
- Web Desk (7 August 2018), "‘Suno Chanda’ is returning for a second season", The Daily Times. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- Ayesha Ghaffar (5 November 2018), "Farhan Saeed reveals why he opted out of Karachi Se Lahore 3", SomethingHaute. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- Staff Report (19 January 2019), "Urwa confirms Farhan Saeed, Feroze Khan as ‘Tich Button’ leads", Daily Times. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- NewsBytes (5 January 2018), "Farhan Saeed set for directorial debut", International The News. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- Asma Malik (21 July 2018), "Hamza Malik, Iqra Aziz’s mesmerizing clips from ‘O Jaana’ will melt your heart", Daily Pakistan. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- Coke Studio (1 September 2017). "Quratulain Balouch & Farhan Saeed, Dekh Tera Kya/Latthay Di Chaadar, CS 10, Ep 4". Retrieved 1 September 2017 – via YouTube.
- HUM TV Official Channel (14 December 2018). "Aangan Full OST Naveed Nashad & Farhan Saeed". Retrieved 14 December 2018 – via YouTube.
- Zee Music Company (21 July 2018). "O Jaana - Official Music Video - Hamza Malik Feat. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Sahir Ali Bagga - Rohit K". Retrieved 22 July 2018 – via YouTube.
- Desk, Entertainment (13 October 2014). "Jal's Farhan Saeed to make acting debut with 'Daay Ijazat Jo Tu'". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- Instep (29 November 2015). "Farhan Saeed: The comeback kid". TNS - The News on Sunday. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- Ifrah Salman (4 April 2017), "Urwa Hocane, Farhan Saeed bag 5 nominations at Hum Awards 2017", hipinpakistan. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- NewsBytes. "Udaari receives global recognition, BBC reports". www.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "Ainy Jaffri, Farhan Saeed to star in Sila". Daily Times. 20 October 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "Virtuoso Maria Wasti talks about life, experiences, women rights, upcoming projects". Daily Times. 30 June 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "Suno Chanda is back". The Nation. 7 May 2019. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- Tribune.com.pk (4 August 2018). "Saba Qamar, Farhan Saeed to star in 'Iss Dil Ki Essi Ki Tessi'". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- Tribune.com.pk (8 May 2019). "These 'Suno Chanda 2' memes are taking over the internet!". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- Tribune.com.pk (20 August 2017). "Farhan Saeed's cameo in 'Punjab Nahi Jaungi' will heal your soul". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- Tribune.com.pk (14 January 2019). "Farhan Saeed, Feroze Khan to star in 'Tich Button'". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- Tribune.com.pk (4 July 2013). "12th LUX Style Awards: Pakistan entertainment industry's big night | The Express Tribune". tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Lux Style Awards 2015: 'Na Maloom Afraad' declared best film, Javaid Sheikh best actor and Ayeza Khan best TV actress". Daily Pakistan Global. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Desk, Entertainment (10 April 2015). "HUM TV Awards 2015: 'Sadqay Tumhare' a clear winner". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Hum Awards 2017 reveals nominations". The Nation. 9 April 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Staff, Images (30 April 2017). "Sang-e-Mar Mar and Udaari win big at the Hum Awards 2017". DAWN. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Zee Cine Awards 2018: Check out the nominations list". Free Press Journal. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- "Lux Style Award 2019 nominations are out!". Dawn. 30 March 2019. Archived from the original on 30 March 2019. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
- "Farhan Saeed on Instagram: "Bismillah ! Ready to vote?"". Instagram. Retrieved 3 July 2019.