Farid Mammadov at Eurovision Song Contest 2013 press conference
|Born||August 30, 1991|
Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan, Soviet Union
|Genres||pop, R&B, soul, jazz|
|Occupation(s)||singer composer sportsman|
Farid Mammadov (Azerbaijani: Fərid Məmmədov) (born 30 August 1991 in Baku) is an Azerbaijani singer. He represented Azerbaijan in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö with the song "Hold Me" and came second after Denmark.
Early life and career
Mammadov was born in Baku, to Asif Mammadov, a professional judoka and amateur rock musician, and Maya Mammadova, a silver-winning Soviet gymnast. Farid Mammadov studie at the Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts.
Since childhood, Mammadov sang in the Bulbul ensemble managed by Aybaniz Hashimova. For a long time he was a soloist of this ensemble. He has been interested in soul and jazz since age 8 and cites Stevie Wonder as a major influence.
Mammadov is the author of Gal yanima (Come to Me), one of the songs which he performed during the Azerbaijani Eurovision selection tour.
In 2013 participated at opening of the “Gold Grand Prix” international wrestling tournament
In March 2013 Farid won the Azerbaijani national final for the 58th annual Eurovision Song Contest 2013 which was held in Malmö, Sweden in May 2013. Mammadov was the first male solo singer to represent Azerbaijan in the contest. His performance was staged by Fokas Evangelinos, a Greek choreographer who directed the Eurovision performances of Sakis Rouvas and Ani Lorak. Azerbaijan placed 2nd in the 2013 competition, receiving ten 12-point scores and 234 points.
For the first time in the history of Azerbaijan's participation in the Eurovision Song Contest was awarded the Marcel Bezençon Artist Awards.
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2012||"Gəl yanıma"||—||—||Non-album singles|
|"—" denotes release that did not chart or was not released.|
- Official data about him, and about his family (in Azerbaijani)
- Farid Mammadov Archived 2013-05-03 at the Wayback Machine. Europe 2013.
- Farid Mammadov's Rivals at Eurovision 2013 Archived 2013-04-29 at the Wayback Machine. Echo. 14 April 2013.
- Farid kicks off his European promotional tour Archived 2013-06-27 at Archive.today. ITV. 30 March 2013.
- Farid Mammadov in Greece Archived 2017-02-23 at the Wayback Machine. Zerkalo. 9 April 2013.
- Hung, Steffen. "Discografie Farid Mammadov". Dutch Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung). Archived from the original on 2016-05-29.
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Farid Mammadov". Swiss Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung). Archived from the original on 2016-12-30.
- www.esctoday.com - Azerbaijan: Farid Mammadov will fly the Azerbaijani flag in Malmo
- www.eurovision.tv - Official website of Eurovision - "It's Farid Mammadov for Azerbaijan"
- www.itv.az - Farid Mammadov will sing their song in the 58th Eurovision Song Contest in Malmo (Sweden), speaking for his country Azerbaijan
|Awards and achievements|
with When the Music Dies
| Azerbaijan in the Eurovision Song Contest
with Start a Fire