Faridpur Sadar Upazila
ফরিদপুর সদর fôridpur sôdôr
|• Present MP (2009-2018)||Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain|
|• Previous MP||Chowdhury Kamal Ibne Yusuf|
|• Total||407.02 km2 (157.15 sq mi)|
|• Total||469.410 |
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Faridpur Sadar|
Faridpur Sadar Upazila (Faridpur Central Upazila, Bengali: ফরিদপুর সদর) is an upazila (sub-district) of Faridpur District in the Division of Dhaka, Bangladesh. It contains Faridpur Town near the banks of the Padma River.
Faridpur Sadar is located at. It has 60454 households and total area 407.02 km².
At the 1991 Bangladesh census, Faridpur Sadar had a population of 335,386, of whom 176,469 were aged 18 or older. Males constituted 51.91% of the population, and females 48.09%. Faridpur Sadar had an average literacy rate of 34.2% (7+ years), against the national average of 32.4%.
Faridpur Sadar has 29 Unions/Wards (Extended in 2018), 197 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 298 villages.
Elected chairmen of Faridpur Upazila Council
- Imran Hossain Chowdhury (Jatiya Party) [1984–1989]
- Advocate Alhajj Md. Shamsul Haque (Bhola Master) (Awami League)
- Khondker Mohtesham Hossain Babor (Awami League) [Acting Upazila chairman, Faridpur Sadar Upazila]
- Firoj, Moazzem Hussain (2012). "Faridpur Sadar Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Hagler-Geard, Tiffany (3 January 2012). "I am "Chowkri"- Inside Bangladesh's Biggest Brothel". ABC News. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 27 March 2005. Retrieved 10 November 2006.
|This Dhaka Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|