Faridpur Sadar Upazila
|• Total||407.02 km2 (157.15 sq mi)|
|• Total||469.410 |
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Map of Faridpur Sadar|
Faridpur Sadar is located at. It has 60454 households and total area 407.02 km².
At the 1991 Bangladesh census, Faridpur Sadar had a population of 335,386, of whom 176,469 were aged 18 or older. Males constituted 51.91% of the population, and females 48.09%. Faridpur Sadar had an average literacy rate of 34.2% (7+ years), against the national average of 32.4%.
Faridpur Sadar has 14 Unions/Wards, 197 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 298 villages.
Elected chairmen of Faridpur Upazila Council
- Imran Hossain Chowdhury (Jatiya Party) [1984–1989]
- Advocate Alhajj Md. Shamsul Haque aka Bhola Master (Awami League)
- Khondker Mohtesham Hossain Babor (Awami League) [Acting Upazila chairman, Faridpur Sadar Upazila]
- Firoj, Moazzem Hussain (2012). "Faridpur Sadar Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 27 March 2005. Retrieved 10 November 2006.
|This Dhaka Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|