Farm to Market Road 3504
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length:||0.982 mi (1.580 km)|
|Existed:||May 30, 1990 – July 10, 2012|
Bus. SH 121 in Lewisville
|North end:||Church Street in Lewisville|
Farm to Market Road 3504 (FM 3504) was a Farm to Market Road located entirely within the city of Lewisville, in Denton County, Texas. Starting in 1995, the highway was internally designated by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) as Urban Road 3504 (UR 3504).
FM 3504 began at an intersection with Business State Highway 121-H (Bus. SH 121-H), the former routing of SH 121 through Lewisville, just north of the Interstate 35E (I-35E) freeway. The short route traveled north along Mill Street (a four-lane undivided highway for all but a small stretch near the southern terminus), past a variety of older businesses and a school, before state maintenance ended just north of Main Street at an intersection with Church Street. Mill Street continued north under local jurisdiction toward Lewisville Lake.
FM 3504 was originally a spur route of FM 1171 designated in 1971; the mileage was transferred to the current route number in 1990. FM 1171 currently ends at IH 35E, but historically continued along Main and Church Streets (a pair of one-way streets) through eastern Lewisville to SH 121 (now the business route). That section of FM 1171 was removed from the state highway system in 2003, leaving FM 3504 with a northern terminus that no longer connected to the state highway system.
In 1995, the designation of the route was internally changed to UR 3504; as with other urban roads, TxDOT continued to sign the route using the Farm Road marker. On July 10, 2012, that designation was decommissioned, and the roadway was removed from the state highway system.
Bus. SH 121
|1.0||1.6||Church Street||Northern terminus; road continued as Mill Street under local jurisdiction|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Farm to Market Road No. 3504". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Urban Road No. 3504". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2012). Texas County Map Book (PDF) (Map) (2012 ed.). 1:120,000. Texas Department of Transportation. p. 481. OCLC 867856197. Retrieved January 13, 2011.[dead link]
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Farm to Market Road No. 1171". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- Google (January 13, 2011). "Overview map of Farm to Market Road 3504 Distances Between Interchanges" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved January 13, 2011.