Farmer's Market (album)
|Studio album by Art Farmer|
|Recorded||November 23, 1956
Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey
|Art Farmer chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
The Allmusic review stated: "Considering this is early period Farmer, and that his work after leaving the U.S. for Europe led him to playing the softer toned flugelhorn and trumpet exclusively, it is an important document in his legacy, comparing favorably alongside peers Clifford Brown, Miles Davis, and an also emerging Donald Byrd or Lee Morgan". The Penguin Guide to Jazz gave it three stars out of four, commenting positively on Drew's soloing, but stating that the album "suffers slightly from unexpectedly heavy tempos and an erratic performance from Mobley".
All compositions by Kenny Drew except as indicated
- "With Prestige" – 5:13
- "Ad-Dis-Un" – 6:22
- "Farmer's Market" (Art Farmer) – 5:50
- "Reminiscing" (Gigi Gryce) – 4:57
- "By Myself" (Howard Dietz, Arthur Schwartz) – 7:03
- "Wailin' with Hank" (Hank Mobley) – 7:13
- Art Farmer – trumpet
- Hank Mobley – tenor saxophone (tracks 1–3 & 6)
- Kenny Drew – piano
- Addison Farmer – bass
- Elvin Jones – drums
- Art Farmer discography accessed June 14, 2012.
- Nastos, M. G. Allmusic Review accessed June 14, 2012.
- Cook, Richard and Morton, Brian (2008), The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th edn), Penguin, p. 469.
- Swenson, J. (Editor) (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 74. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.