Logo used on the Farming Simulator 15 and 17 release.
|Publisher(s)||Focus Home Interactive|
|Genre(s)||Simulation video game|
Farming Simulator is a farming simulation video game series developed by Giants Software. The locations are based on American and European environments. Players are able to farm, breed livestock, grow crops and sell all assets created from farming. The game has sold over four million copies.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Multiplayer
- 3 Games
- 4 Game history
- 5 Reception
- 6 References
- 7 External links
In career mode, the player takes on the role of a farmer. Their task is to expand on their "dated" farm and machinery. The main goal of the player is to harvest their crops and sell them in order to expand their farming enterprise (e.g. machines, fields, animals and buildings). The player is free to explore, grow from their choice of several crop types, and invest their money in additional fields and equipment. Livestock may be purchased, and then it is up to the player to care for the animals.
There are dynamically generated missions which consist of the player performing various tasks within a time frame such as mowing grass or delivering cargo. If the player successfully completes the task, they are rewarded with a sum of money, plus a bonus amount of money based on how quickly the task was completed.
Farming Simulator 2014 is the first mobile Farming Simulator to have multiplayer. Farming Simulator 16 has Bluetooth functionality. Current generation consoles have multiplayer ("Farming Simulator" on the last generation consoles was the first console port of the game, with all features of 2013 Titanium.) Farming Simulator 15 on PS4 and Xbox One have a multiplayer function.
PC and Console
Farming Simulator 2008
Also known as Farmer Simulator was the first installment to the series with basic features as wheat, being the only crop type and Fendt, being the only licensed vehicle manufacturer.
Farming Simulator 2009
Second ever Farming Simulator.It had a lot of new features such as new crop types (corn,rape,barley),modding support and much more machinery while having the same map as 2008 but remastered.
Farming Simulator 2011
First Farming game to feature multiplayer. Game was expanded a lot with: new map,Deutz-Fahr,Poettinger,Horsh (also featured in Fs 2009 Gold edition) and cows.
Farming Simulator 2013
The initial release for Farming Simulator 2013 was on October 25, 2012. A version was released for the PlayStation Vita on July 2, 2013, known as "Farming Simulator". Almost a year after it's PC release, received a large update and re-release under the title Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium Edition, on October 10, 2013. It contains all of the previous assets from the first iteration, with new content of a US-based environment in the form of a map called "Westbridge Hills" and new vehicles. New content was also released as DLC add-ons for those with the original version of the game.
Farming Simulator 15
Farming Simulator 15 was released to Windows and Mac OS on October 30, 2014. This version introduced forestry, washable vehicles. 41 brands, amounting to around 140 pieces of equipment are in the new game, 160 in the 'gold edition' DLC pack. Farming Simulator 15 was released to consoles on May 19, 2015.
Farming Simulator 17
Farming Simulator 17 was released on October 25, 2016. It features the return of Fendt since its last debut in Farming Simulator 2009 and also Massey Ferguson, Challenger, and Valtra. For the first time in the base game, soybeans, sunflowers, and oil seed radishes, are introduced as grow-able crops. In previous games, the user would have had to download a modification to add these crops. The crop growing mechanics have been altered, to allow different ways to increase crop yield. These include fertilizing the fields multiple times throughout the growth stages, ploughing the field after a set amount of harvests, de-weeding crops, or using oil seed radish as a cover crop. The missions system was also updated, allowing the player to do work for other in-game farmers. Other additions include driveable trains and an in-game radio.
Farming Simulator 14
Farming Simulator 14 was released for iOS, Android,3ds, Windows Phone and PlayStation Vita on November 18, 2013, and gives a more polished and more casual gaming experience on mobile platforms than the predecessors. There are 10 - 20 brands in the game.
Farming Simulator 16
Farming Simulator 16 was released for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and PlayStation Vita on May 8, 2015.
Farming Simulator 18
The game was announced for release on the Nintendo 3DS, and PlayStation Vita. It was released on June 6, 2017.
- Farming Simulator 2008 was released on April 14, 2008.
- Farming Simulator 2009 was released on August 28, 2009.
- Farming Simulator 2011 was released on October 29, 2010.
- Farming Simulator 2013 was released on October 25, 2012.
- Farming Simulator 14 was released on November 18, 2013.
- Farming Simulator 15 was released on October 30, 2014.
- Farming Simulator 16 was released on May 8, 2015.
- Farming Simulator 17 was released on October 25, 2016.
- Farming Simulator 18 was released on June 6, 2017.
|Farming Simulator 2013 Critical Reception|
- "Farming Simulator 2013 PC". metacritic.com. Metacritic. Retrieved Sep 28, 2013.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (2013-11-18). "Farming Simulator 14 plows onto iOS and Android". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2014-05-26.
- "Farming Simulator 15 for PC Reviews - Metacritic". metacritic.com. Metacritic. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- "Farming Simulator 15 Xbox 360 - IGN". ign.com. IGN. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- "Farming Simulator 17 Available Today!". Farming Simulator.com. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- "Farming Simulator Playstation Vita".
- "Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium Edition". Retrieved 2013-09-27.
- "FS13 - Titanium Add-on". farming-simulator.com. GIANTS Software GmbH. Archived from the original on 2015-07-01. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- "Farming Simulator 17 Overview". Farming-Simulator.com. Giants Software GmbH. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- Cook, Dave (2013-11-18). "Farming Simulator 14 out now on iOS & Android". Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "Farming Simulator - Official Website". farming-simulator.com. GIANTS Software GmbH. Archived from the original on 2015-06-30. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- "Farming Simulator 2018 =http://www.farming-simulator.com/about.php?lang=en&country=au&platform=mobile". Farming Simulator. External link in
- "Farming Simulator 2008 - Giant Bomb". giantbomb.com. Giant Bomb. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- "Farming Simulator 2009 for PC Reviews - Metacritic". metacritic.com. Metacritic. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- "Farming Simulator 2011 for PC Reviews - Metacritic". metacritic.com. Metacritic. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- Whitehead, Dan (2013-09-12). "Farming Simulator review". eurogamer.net. Eurogamer. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- Michael, Jon (2012-11-07). "A Different But Enjoyable Business Simulation.". ign.com. IGN. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- "Farming Simulator 2013 iOS". gamerankings.com. GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- "Farming Simulator 2013 PC". gamerankings.com. GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- "Farming Simulator 2013 Play Station 3". gamerankings.com. GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- "Farming Simulator 2013 Xbox 360". gamerankings.com. GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- "Farming Simulator 2012 iOS". metacritic.com. Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- "Farming Simulator 2013 PlayStation 3". metacritic.com. Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- "Farming Simulator 2013 Xbox 360". metacritic.com. Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-09-28.