Farmington Township, Trumbull County, Ohio
|Farmington Township, Trumbull County, Ohio|
Location of Farmington Township in Trumbull County
|• Total||27.5 sq mi (71.2 km2)|
|• Land||27.5 sq mi (71.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||853 ft (260 m)|
|• Density||85.7/sq mi (33.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087028|
Farmington Township is one of the twenty-four townships of Trumbull County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,353 people in the township, 1,834 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Mesopotamia Township - north
- Bloomfield Township - northeast corner
- Bristol Township - east
- Champion Township - southeast corner
- Southington Township - south
- Nelson Township, Portage County - southwest corner
- Parkman Township, Geauga County - west
- Middlefield Township, Geauga County - northwest corner
The village of West Farmington is located in northwestern Farmington Township.
Name and history
It is the only Farmington Township statewide.
School-age children from Farmington and Bristol townships attend the Bristol school system in Bristolville.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Trumbull County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.