Farouk El Okdah
- B.S. In Commerce Accounting Major from Ain Shams University 1965
- Master of Accounting (with honors) from Cairo University in 1975
- H.E. the Governor of the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE) from December 2003 until February 2013.
- He acquired 19 years of banking experience from 1983 until 2002 working with Irving Trust Company
- New York which was acquired later by Bank of New York; where he has worked as Assistant Vice President for Middle East Division and as Vice President and Africa Destrict Manager
- Dr. El Okdah was the Managing Director of The International Company for Leasing "IncoLease" from 1997 until 2002. He established IncoLease while working for Bank of New York
- Dr. El Okdah has been a member of the Board of Directors of Egypt Air Holding Co. since 1998
- He served as an advisor to the Governor of the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE) from 1998 to 2001 in the time of the Governor Ismail Hassan
- Dr. El Okdah used to be a member of the Board of Directors of the Egyptian Banking Federation
- He used to be a member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer of The Arab Bankers Association North America from 1987 until 1989
- December 2003 - Feb 2013: Governor of the Central Bank of Egypt
- January 2003 - December 2003: Chairman and CEO, The National Bank of Egypt
- 1997-2002: Managing Director, International Company for Leasing "Incolease"
- 1989-2002: Vice President, Regional Manager and Advisor, The Bank of New York
- 1984-1988: Assistant Vice President - Middle East Division, Vice President and Africa District Manager, Irving Trust Company, NewYork
- 1978-1982: Instructor in Accounting and Finance, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- "CBE Board of Directors". Central Bank of Egypt Website. January 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-29.