Farrington Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|• Total||36.76 sq mi (95.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.69 sq mi (95.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.19%|
|Elevation||472 ft (144 m)|
|• Density||15.5/sq mi (6.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62814, 62851, 62864, 62889|
|GNIS feature ID||0428995|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.76 square miles (95.2 km2), of which 36.69 square miles (95.0 km2) (or 99.81%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.19%) is water. The township is centered at 38°26'N 88°45′W (38.429,-88.757).
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Pigeon at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
- Romine Township, Marion County (north)
- Orchard Township, Wayne County (northeast)
- Hickory Hill Township, Wayne County (east)
- Webber Township (south)
- Mount Vernon Township (southwest)
- Field Township (west)
- Haines Township, Marion County (northwest)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Falley, Greenwalt, Harmony, Lowery, McConnaughhay, Mifflin, Mount Zion and Wells Chapel.
- Farrington Grade School
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Farrington Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.