Farrow & Ball
Farrow & Ball are a British manufacturer of paints and wallpapers largely based upon historic colour palettes and archives. Their colour names, such as Elephant's Breath, have become talking points  in themselves.
The company was started by John Farrow and Richard Maurice Ball in 1946 in Wimborne Minster, Dorset. They have worked with the National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty of the UK, in formulating near to exact matches for the restoration of historic building interiors and exteriors. Today they maintain an updated colour card of 132 colours. Farrow & Ball also produce wallpaper patterns made using traditional block, trough and roller methods and made using Farrow & Ball paint.
Showrooms and stockists
The company has 54 showrooms across the UK, US, Canada & Europe as well as a global network of stockists carrying both paint and wallpaper.
- Expedite, BT. "Our History | Farrow & Ball". www.farrow-ball.com. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- "Farrow & Ball Traditional Papers & Paint - Wimborne White". Farrow & Ball. Retrieved 2009-06-25.
- Friedman, Joseph. Paint and Color in Decoration. Rizzoli New York: 2003. ISBN 0-8478-2593-0.
- Coleman, Brian D. Farrow & Ball The Art of Colour. Gibbs Smith Layton, Utah: 2007. ISBN 978-1-4236-0010-7
- Byam Shaw, Ros. Living with Colour. Ryland Peters & Small New York/London: 2010. ISBN 978-1-84975-038-7
|This article about an English company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|