0.2.8.1 / 10 March 2016
|Written in||C GLib|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License|
Farstream (previously known as Farsight) is an audio/video conferencing framework based on GStreamer. The project provides audio/video conferencing for as many instant messengers as possible through a modular design. Telepathy and Farsight constitute the first implementation of the Jingle XMPP protocol.
The software is open-source, being distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) and is intended to run on POSIX-compliant operating systems, including Linux but also Windows and Mac OS X. It is being used for audio/video conferencing on the Nokia 770, N800, N810 and N900. It is also the VoIP framework used by Meego.
Farsight is under development in the Farsight 2 series. The maintainer is Olivier Crête.
Examples of applications using Farstream:
- "Farstream repository". 2016-03-10. Retrieved 2016-10-22.
- "Multimedia communication? – you need Telepathy!". 2006-09-19. Archived from the original on July 4, 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "First look: Skype for the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet". 2007-07-11. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "GSoC2008: Voice and Video Support". Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Voice and Video". Retrieved 2008-09-19.