|Date of birth||24 December 1974|
|Place of birth||Dakar, Senegal|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He spent most of his professional career in Portugal (more than 15 years), most notably with Beira-Mar and Boavista. At one point he ranked in the country's Primeira Liga scoring list's Top 5, eventually amassing competition totals of 222 games and 68 goals over the course of ten seasons.
Born in Dakar, Fary began his career with ASC Diaraf in his native country, then started his Portuguese adventure in 1996, signing with lowly Grupo União Sport Montemor alongside compatriot and teammate Khadim Faye and remaining with the third division club for two seasons, before moving to S.C. Beira-Mar.
From 1998 to 2003, Fary was an everpresent fixture in the top scorer's list in Portugal, hitting an average of one goal every three games in the Primeira Liga. In the 2002–03 campaign he netted 18 goals for the Aveiro team, which finished 13th.
In the 2003 summer, Fary signed for Boavista FC, but his role gradually diminished compared to his previous spell. In 2006–07 he went scoreless in 23 matches, although he only played three as a starter.
In July 2008, upon Boavista's relegation to the second level, Fary returned to his first Portuguese professional club Beira-Mar, also in that tier. After appearing rarely as the team returned to the top flight in 2010 after a three-year absence – four games, no goals – the 35-year-old joined another side in the nation, C.D. Aves.
- "Beira-Mar frente ao V. Guimarães: A esperança fez sentido com Fary" [Beira-Mar against V. Guimarães: Hope made sense with Fary]. Record (in Portuguese). 5 January 2003. Retrieved 18 May 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Fary arrasa grandes" [Fary destroys giants]. Record (in Portuguese). 20 February 2003. Retrieved 18 May 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Fary: "Ser novamente melhor marcador"" [Fary: "To be top scorer again"]. Record (in Portuguese). 7 August 2003. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "Fary penitencia-se pela agressão a Buba" [Fary shows repentance for assault on Buba]. Record (in Portuguese). 4 August 2008. Retrieved 18 May 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Aveirenses confirmam Fary" [Aveirenses confirm Fary]. Record (in Portuguese). 8 July 2008. Retrieved 18 May 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Fary assina por uma temporada" [Fary signs for one season]. Record (in Portuguese). 31 August 2010. Archived from the original on 1 September 2010. Retrieved 18 May 2015.