This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Lennard Minderhoud, Director-general|
|Services||fashion jobs, fashion news, education network|
Number of employees
|Alexa rank||427,506 (April 2016)|
FashionUnited is an international B2B fashion platform created in 1999 by Lennard Minderhoud, current CEO of the company.
The idea of founding FashionUnited came to Lennard Minderhoud in the late 1990s after he realized that “there was little information about fashion on the internet.” The platform offers fashion news, fashion jobs, the statistics of the industry and a Fashion Education Network created in 2010. Fashion Week Web, created at the end of 2014, also part of FashionUnited, offers all the fashion week’s news around the world. The headquarter of FashionUnited is located in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The platform is active in more than 25 countries and the website is available in 16 languages. FashionUnited reaches more than 1.6 million fashion professionals per month.
List of the countries where FashionUnited is active:
- United Kingdom
- United States
In the second half of 2014, FashionUnited changed its logo and redesigned all the FashionUnited websites.
In November 2014, FashionUnited.co.uk switched from co.uk to the shorter and sharper .uk domain “FashionUnited.uk”. Lennard Minderhoud, CEO of FashionUnited, declared “FashionUnited.co.uk was affected by the design changes so we decided to switch to .uk. It not only gave the website a ‘pretty new face’ but also enabled us to adopt the safer https format at the same time.”
FashionUnited expanded its activities in The Americas. First, in October 2014, the platform debuted in Latin America by opening five new portals: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru. In December 2014, the company stepped up its activity in United States with the hire of new specialized editors and HR consultants dedicated to the American market. Beginning of 2015, FashionUnited launched the Canadian portal, offered in both the English and French language to fits the need of the Canadian population. In February 2015, the fashion platform celebrated this expansion with a billboard ad in New York Times Square.
FashionUnited partners with the following fashion events:
- 48h Maison de Mode
- Amsterdam Fashion Week
- Barcelona Bridal Week
- Baton Rouge Fashion Week
- Birmingham International Fashion Week
- Brussels Fashion Days
- Cartagena Fashion Week
- Cologne Fashion Days
- Couture Fashion Week
- Dot to Dot London
- Dutch Fashion Symposium
- European Bridal Week
- Fiji Fashion Week
- Film Fashion Festival
- LaJolla Fashion Week
- London Bridal Fashion Week
- Men’s Fashion Week Dallas
- Norwich Fashion Week
- Vancouver Fashion Week
- Pure London
- Tampa Bay Fashion
- Vendôme Luxury
- Western Canada Fashion Week
- Site Overview fashionunited.uk, Alexa Internet. Retrieved on 19 April 2016.
- Petrova, Yana (March 14, 2015). "Interview with CEO of FashionUnited – Lennard Minderhoud". Vancouver Fashion Week. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- "IAF Newsletter 1 2013: Member News (Fashion United)". International Apparel Federation. January 1, 2013. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- "BHMFW APPOINTS FASHION UNITED AS THE OFFICIAL MEDIA PARTNER FOR 2015". Birmingham International Fashion Week. February 14, 2015. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- "International Jobs in Fashion". FashionUnited. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- "FASHIONUNITED: ENJOY THEIR NEW WEBSITE!". Fashion Week Nederland. Archived from the original on July 1, 2015. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- "FashionUnited: Why .uk is our accessory of choice". A Great Place To Be. January 21, 2015. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- FAMILY NAME, NAME (December 10, 2015). "FashionUnited steps up its activities in North America". FashionUnited. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- "FashionUnited billboard in New York Times Square". FashionUnited. February 5, 2015. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- "Partners". FashionUnited. Retrieved June 15, 2015.