Fashion Show Mall
Fashion Show Mall as seen from the Strip with The Cloud in the center
|Location||Paradise, Nevada, (United States)|
|Address||3200 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
|Opening date||February 14, 1981|
|Developer||The Hahn Company|
|Owner||General Growth Properties Inc|
|No. of stores and services||250|
|No. of anchor tenants||7|
|Total retail floor area||1,888,151 sq ft (175,415.0 m2)|
|No. of floors||3|
Fashion Show Mall is a shopping mall located on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada, and is owned by General Growth Properties Inc. The mall spans 1,888,151 sq ft (175,415.0 m2) of space, with more than 250 stores and seven anchors, and hosts weekend fashion shows on a retractable runway with the mall's central atrium.
The Fashion Show Mall opened on February 14, 1981, anchored by Diamond's, Bullock's, Goldwaters, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue. Diamond's was converted to a Dillard's store in 1986, Goldwaters became a May Company in 1989 and then a Robinsons-May in 1993, while Bullock's was converted to Macy's in 1996.
In 2003, a major expansion of the mall was completed. 200,000 square feet of retail space was built, extending out of the backside of the mall between Robinsons-May and Macy's. Dillard's and Saks Fifth Avenue moved to new, larger locations in this new wing, alongside a Bloomingdale's Home store and Nordstrom. Neiman Marcus, Macy's, and Robinsons-May expanded their stores; and the former Saks Fifth Avenue was razed and replaced by several restaurants, a food court, and a strip-facing plaza called "The Cloud".
On September 9, 2006, following Federated's purchase of May Department Stores, Robinsons-May was converted to a second Macy's store. The store was shuttered in 2008 and remained empty until 2013, when it was converted into a wing of shops and a separate Macy's Men store.
- Dillard's - 200,000 sq ft (19,000 m2)
- Forever 21 - 126,000 sq ft (11,700 m2)
- Macy's - 200,000 sq ft (19,000 m2)
- Macy's Men's Store - 105,000 sq ft (9,800 m2)
- Neiman Marcus - 167,000 sq ft (15,500 m2)
- Nordstrom - 200,000 sq ft (19,000 m2)
- Saks Fifth Avenue - 166,000 sq ft (15,400 m2)
- "Fashion shows at Fashion Show mall". Vegas.com. 2016-01-07. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Here's how Fashion Show Mall looked the day after it was opened". Las Vegas Historical Society. 2014-03-14. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "The Shopping Mall Museum". Shoppingmallmuseum.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- Grace Leong. "Fashion Show touts 'cloud' structure for LV Strip mall - Las Vegas Sun News". Lasvegassun.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Forever 21 opens new bi-level store in Fashion Show mall | Las Vegas Review-Journal". Reviewjournal.com. 2010-07-24. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- Curt Hazlett (2004-08-20). "General Growth Buys Rouse Co. in $12.6 Billion Deal". Nreionline.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Macy's to open new Las Vegas store at Summerlin, expand Fashion Show Mall presence with men's store". dailyfinance.com.
- Zackie Binkes. "Bloomingdale's store closing at Fashion Show mall". Vegas Inc. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Dick's Sporting Goods coming to Fashion Show mall". vegasinc.com.
- "Fashion Show Ground Plan" (PDF). Ggp.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.