Fashion Show Mall
Fashion Show Mall as seen from the Strip with The Cloud in the center
|Location||Paradise, Nevada, (United States)|
|Address||3200 Las Vegas Boulevard South|
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
|Opening date||February 14, 1981|
|Developer||The Hahn Company|
|Owner||Brookfield Properties Retail Group|
|No. of stores and services||249|
|No. of anchor tenants||8|
|Total retail floor area||1,878,186 sq ft (174,489.2 m2)|
|No. of floors||3|
Fashion Show Mall opened on February 14, 1981, anchored by Diamond's, Bullock's, Goldwaters, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue. Diamond's was converted to a Dillard's store in 1986, Goldwaters became a May Company in 1989 and then a Robinsons-May in 1993, while Bullock's was converted to Macy's in 1996.
In 2003, a major expansion of the mall was completed. 200,000 square feet of retail space was built, extending out of the backside of the mall between Robinsons-May and Macy's. Dillard's and Saks Fifth Avenue moved to new, larger locations in this new wing, alongside a Bloomingdale's Home store and Nordstrom. Neiman Marcus, Macy's, and Robinsons-May expanded their stores; and the former Saks Fifth Avenue was razed and replaced by several restaurants, a food court, and a strip-facing plaza called "The Cloud".
On September 9, 2006, following Federated's purchase of May Department Stores, Robinsons-May was converted to a second Macy's store. The store was shuttered in 2008 and remained empty until 2013, when it was converted into a wing of shops and a separate Macy's Men store.
In January 2013, Macy's announced it would close the Bloomingdale's Home store. That building remained empty until 2015, when Dick's Sporting Goods announced it would take over the building.
In 2014, the mall was used to film the interior shots of the fictitious West Orange Pavilion Mall for the opening sequence of Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.
- "Fashion Show". Brookfield Properties Retail Group.
- "Fashion shows at Fashion Show mall". Vegas.com.
- "Here's how Fashion Show Mall looked the day after it was opened". Las Vegas Historical Society. March 14, 2014.
- "The Shopping Mall Museum". Shoppingmallmuseum.blogspot.com. October 2010.
- Leong, Grace (May 22, 2001). "Fashion Show touts 'cloud' structure for LV Strip mall". Las Vegas Sun.
- Smith, Hubble (July 24, 2010). "Forever 21 opens new bi-level store in Fashion Show mall". Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- Curt Hazlett (August 20, 2004). "General Growth Buys Rouse Co. in $12.6 Billion Deal". Nreionline.com.
- "Macy's to open new Las Vegas store at Summerlin, expand Fashion Show Mall presence with men's store" (Press release). Business Wire. September 19, 2012.
- Binkes, Zackie (January 3, 2013). "Bloomingdale's store closing at Fashion Show mall". Las Vegas Sun.
- Cullen, Natalie (January 3, 2013). "Macy's Closing Bloomingdale's at Fashion Show". 8newsnow.
- Segall, Eli (April 29, 2015). "Dick's Sporting Goods coming to Fashion Show mall". Las Vegas Sun.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fashion Show Mall.|