Fashion for a Cure
The organization encourages local groups to host fashion shows where all the models are cancer survivors. JaQuitta Williams, a newscaster in Atlanta, appeared at a Fashion for a cure event and sang the Destiny's Child song "Survivor" after taking an 18-month leave of absence to beat her own cancer.
- Shannon Barbour (2010-07-22). "Keri carried along Cancers 4 a Cause". Atlanta News. Archived from the original on 2011-10-15. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
CBS Atlanta anchor JaQuitta Williams strode to the stage as a presenter while belting out Destiny's Child’s “Survivor” as aptly as any singer there. The former WSB-TV reporter returned to the air earlier this month from an 18-month hiatus after beating breast cancer.
- "Clothes Encounters". The Post and Courier. 2003-09-23.
Fashion for a cure: The Charleson Cosmetology Association and the American Cancer Society are joining forces for a fashion show and dinner Oct. 11. The event will honor cancer survivors, and funds raised will benefit the American Cancer Society.
- "Fashion for a Cure". Cosmopolitan magazine.
- "Fashion show raises $90,000 for Cancer Care at St. Clare's". Daily Record. 2011-10-08. Archived from the original on 2013-01-20. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- Laura Amann (2011-02-10). "Local women model courage in cancer survivor fashion show". Pioneer Local. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
This year they're throwing a little fashion into the mix and hosting their first Cancer Survivor Fashion Show Benefit: Celebrating the Beauty of Life at the Hinsdale Community House