This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||21st century|
|Operating system|| • Android
• Windows Phone
|Available in||English plus other languages|
|Type||Geographic information system|
FastMall is an American application software for mobile devices that provides interactive shopping-mall maps that guide users with turn-by-turn directions. Each listed mall contains information regarding its stores, restaurants, hours of operation and Google Maps directions.
It is a product of Mindsmack, a multi-media studio based in New York City, New York, which does web development for companies including Citibank and IBM. The idea originally came from president and chief executive officer Sam Feuer's wife Amie. "The goal was to find her a bathroom in a store or the mall as quick as possible. Then it evolved into something where you can actually get turn-by-turn directions inside of a structure without using GPS."
Application features include:
- Shake the iPhone to locate the nearest restroom
- Total offline search so the application is stable even if a signal fails once one is logged in
- Add a review of any store, restaurant or restroom
- Photo and video reviews
A free download, it is available for the Apple mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) as well as devices using the Android operating system. As of May 2012 a client for Windows Phone has been released in to the marketplace 
- Verdon, Joan (April 3, 2010). "Helping Shoppers To Navigate the Mall". The Record. Archived from the original on October 11, 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- Norman, Bill (January 28, 2010). "Elevators and Bathrooms at Your Fingertips – A Free iPhone Application Helps Shoppers Find Accessible Routes, Food, Bathrooms in malls". Quest (a magazine of the Muscular Dystrophy Association). Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- "FastMall : interactive shopping-mall maps for Windows Phone". 1800PocketPC. 13 May 2012.[permanent dead link]
|This mobile software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|