Fast Infrared Exoplanet Spectroscopy Survey Explorer
FINESSE provides uniquely detailed information and addresses many fundamental exoplanet science questions.
|Mission type||Space observatory|
|Mission duration||2 years|
Fast Infrared Exoplanet Spectroscopy Survey Explorer (FINESSE) is a proposed NASA mission and space observatory in the explorer program consisting of a space telescope focused on studying the atmospheres of over 200 planets outside the Solar System with the goal of gaining understanding of the processes responsible for their composition, and how the Solar System fits into the larger family of planets.
- "FINESSE Key Dates". Archived from the original on August 27, 2012. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- NASA - NASA Selects Science Investigations For Concept Studies, 29 September 2011.
- Official FINESSE website.
- Swain, M. R. (2010). Finesse - A New Mission Concept For Exoplanet Spectroscopy. American Astronomical Society. Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society. 42, p. 1064.
- Space.com - AAS Dispatch: Proposed Space Mission Would Probe Alien Atmospheres
- What is FINESSE ? - video