|Publisher(s)||Shin'en Multimedia, Nintendo|
|Release||March 3, 2017|
Fast RMX (stylized as FAST rmx) is a racing video game developed and published by Shin'en Multimedia exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. The game serves as an expanded version of Fast Racing Neo for the Wii U, and was released on March 3, 2017 on the Nintendo eShop as a launch title for the Nintendo Switch. The game includes all the tracks from Fast Racing Neo and its downloadable content, and adds 6 new courses for a total of 30 courses. An additional free update was released on September 13, 2017 which added 6 extra courses, for a total of 36. Like the game's predecessor, Fast RMX was compared to the F-Zero series.
The game fully supports the unique control options and features of the Nintendo Switch, such as HD Rumble, motion controls, single Joy-Con play, and the Pro Controller. The user can also change anytime between Handheld and Console mode. The game is capable of running in up to 1080p at 60FPS in docked mode.
The game features a single-player campaign with 10 cups to unlock, containing 30 courses total, along with 15 unlockable vehicles. The game also contains multiplayer components, featuring split-screen multiplayer mode for up to 4 players, as well as local communication and online modes with 2-8 players. Another extra mode called Hero Mode is available, using the same tracks as the Campaign with higher difficulty and with the boost meter doubling as a health bar, similarly to games in the F-Zero franchise.
It was announced on March 5, 2017 that, like its predecessor, the game would be receiving free updates with extra content in the future. The first major update was released on April 19, 2017. It was confirmed to include a Time Attack mode and online friend support. An additional free update was released on September 13, 2017 which added 6 extra courses, as well as improving CPU AI, fixing a bug, and adding friend list activity features.
- "Fast RMX by Nintendo for Nintendo Switch, at GameStop". GameStop. 3 March 2017. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- Dornbush, Jonathon (12 January 2017). "Fast RMX Announced for Nintendo Switch". IGN. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- Arnold, Cory (13 January 2017). "It's not quite F-Zero, but Fast RMX will do for now". Destructoid. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- Shea, Cam (6 March 2017). "Fast RMX Review". IGN. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- Calvert, Darren (13 September 2017). "Exclusive: Here's What's In Today's Free FAST RMX REMIX Update". nintendolife. Nlife Media. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "FAST RMX update out next week". Nintendo Everything. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- Vogel, Mitch. "Fast RMX Version 1.2 Is Now Live". Nintendo Life. Gamer Network. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- Forde, Matthew. "FAST RMX Developer is Already Working on an Update for the Switch Launch Title". Nintendo Life. Retrieved March 5, 2017.