Fast Racing Neo
|FAST Racing Neo|
Fast Racing Neo (stylized as FAST Racing NEO) is a futuristic racing video game developed by Shin'en Multimedia and released for the Wii U in December 2015. It is often compared to Nintendo's F-Zero franchise.
Fast Racing Neo is played using the left stick to steer, A to accelerate, B to brake, X or L to change phases, (colors between blue and orange) ZL and ZR to lean (drift) left and right respectively. Changing phases comes into play when, during a race, either blue or orange set pieces of the track are driven on. You would then change phases respective of the color to get a speed boost if done correctly. There are also phase boost pieces that will give you a boost through the air, or on to another part of the track. (I.e. over a gap.)
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2016)
The NEO Future Pack downloadable content was announced in July 2016 adding 8 new tracks and 10 new vehicle profiles to be released on 30 September 2016 alongside a retail version including the base game and downloadable content. The retail version of the game was distributed by Nintendo of Europe.
Dermot Creegan of Hardcore Gamer gave the game a 4 out of 5 saying, "FAST Racing NEO is challenging and riveting enough to keep players busy for a long while, whether driving solo or with friends." Laura Kate Dale from Destructoid rated the game a 9/10 saying, "Fast Racing Neo made a strong impression right off the bat, and is easily one of my favorite games this year."
- "Shin'en hopes to have FAST Racing Neo out in December - Nintendo Everything". Nintendo Everything. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- Whitehead, Thomas (3 November 2015). "Feature: Finding Top Speed in FAST Racing NEO". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- Koopman, Daan (10 August 2015). "Gamescom 2015: FAST Racing Neo's New Tracks Are a Blast (Wii U)". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (28 August 2015). "Who needs a new F-Zero when the Wii U's got Fast Racing Neo?". Eurogamer. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- G. Macy, Seth (3 June 2015). "Will Fast Racing Neo Fill The F-Zero Shaped Hole In Our Hearts". IGN. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- Robinson, Nick (31 August 2015). "Direct-feed gameplay from Fast Racing Neo, the Wii U's blisteringly fast F-Zero successor". Polygon. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- Dornbush, Jonathon. "Fast RMX Announced for Nintendo Switch". IGN. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "Must-have indie titles come to retail as Nintendo eShop Selects on 30th September". Nintendo.co.uk. Nintendo. 27 July 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "FAST Racing NEO Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- Laura Kate Dale (8 December 2015). "Review: Fast Racing Neo". Destructoid. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- Creegan, Dermot (11 December 2015). "Review: FAST Racing NEO". Hardcore Gamer. Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- Bowling, Steve (8 December 2015). "Fast Racing NEO (2015)". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 12 August 2017.