|Type of business||Public|
|Traded as||NYSE: FSLY (Class A)|
|Key people||Joshua Bixby (CEO)|
Fastly, Inc. is an American cloud computing services provider.
Fastly was founded in 2011. In September 2015, Google partnered with Fastly and other CDN providers to offer CDN services to its users. In April 2017, Fastly launched its edge cloud platform along with image optimization, load balancing, and a web application firewall (WAF).
Fastly describes their network as an edge cloud platform, which is designed to help developers extend their core cloud infrastructure to the edge of the network, closer to users. The Fastly edge cloud platform includes their content delivery network, image optimization, video & streaming, cloud security, and load balancing services. Fastly's cloud security services include distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack protection, bot mitigation, and a web application firewall. Fastly web application firewall uses the OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set (CRS) alongside its own ruleset.
- "Fastly grabs $40M on its quest to build a big, cool content-delivery network". VentureBeat.
- "Google Partners With CloudFlare, Fastly, Level 3 And Highwinds To Help Developers Push Google Cloud Content To Users Faster". TechCrunch.
- Kepes, Ben (April 18, 2017). "In the need for speed, Fastly goes all the way to the edge". Computerworld. Retrieved October 10, 2017.
- "Fastly Releases Edge Cloud Platform". Bizty.
- "How The New York Times Handled Unprecedented Election-Night Traffic Spike". DataCenter Knowledge. April 18, 2017.
- "Discontent and disruption in the world of content delivery networks". TechCrunch.