A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Public|
|Traded as||NYSE: FSLY (Class A)|
Fastly, Inc. is an American cloud computing services provider. Fastly's edge cloud platform provides a content delivery network, Internet security services, load balancing, and video & streaming services. Fastly's headquarters are in San Francisco, California, with additional offices in Denver, New York, Portland, London, and Tokyo.
Fastly was founded in 2011 by Artur Bergman. Prior to founding Fastly, he was the chief technology officer at Wikia. In September 2015, Google partnered with Fastly and other CDN providers to offer CDN services to its users. In April 2017, Fastly launched its edge cloud platform along with image optimization, load balancing, and a web application firewall (WAF).
Fastly describes their network as an edge cloud platform, which is designed to help developers extend their core cloud infrastructure to the edge of the network, closer to users. The Fastly edge cloud platform includes their content delivery network, image optimization, video & streaming, cloud security, and load balancing services.
Fastly's cloud security services include distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack protection, bot mitigation, and a web application firewall. Fastly web application firewall uses the OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set (CRS) alongside its own ruleset.
Fastly is built on Varnish, an open source HTTP accelerator. Fastly also supports open source and non-profit projects — including Drupal, The Tor Project, Hackage, HashiCorp, Python, Ruby, and DonorsChoose.org — by providing free delivery services. An example includes the delivery of Tor browser updates.
- "Fastly Raises $75M For Its Real-Time CDN". TechCrunch.
- "Fastly grabs $40M on its quest to build a big, cool content-delivery network". VentureBeat.
- "Google Partners With CloudFlare, Fastly, Level 3 And Highwinds To Help Developers Push Google Cloud Content To Users Faster". TechCrunch.
- Kepes, Ben (April 18, 2017). "In the need for speed, Fastly goes all the way to the edge". Computerworld. Retrieved October 10, 2017.
- "Fastly Releases Edge Cloud Platform". Bizty.
- "CDN Sumo". CrunchBase.
- "How The New York Times Handled Unprecedented Election-Night Traffic Spike". DataCenter Knowledge. April 18, 2017.
- "Discontent and disruption in the world of content delivery networks". TechCrunch.
- "CDN Startup Fastly Raises $40M Series C". DataCenter Knowledge.
- "Open Source". Fastly Website.
- https://www.torproject.org/about/sponsors/. Missing or empty
- Wehner, Mike (June 28, 2017). "It's not just you: CNN, New York Times, Reddit, and other sites are all down". Boy Genius Report. Retrieved October 10, 2017.
- "New York Times goes from data centres to cloud". The Stack. April 19, 2017. Retrieved October 10, 2017.