Tehsil Fatehpur railway station
|Elevation||110 m (360 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Fatehpur (Hindi: तहसील फ़तेहपुर, Urdu: تحصیل فتح پور) is a town in Barabanki district in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. It is a Tehsil, Development Block, Police station(Thana) and Nagar Panchayat It is the biggest town of Barabanki. Over 15 per cent of the population speak Urdu.
As of 2001[update] India census, Fatehpur had a population of 39,944. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Fatehpur has an average literacy rate of 58.4%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 56%, and female literacy is 47%. In Fatehpur, 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Block Panchayat Fatehpur
|Bhaisuriya Mujahidpur||Bhatuamau||Bihura||Bilauli Mahraj||Bilauli Hazratpur|
|Fatehpur Dehat||Gang Gaula||Gangchauli||Gangemau||Gaura Gajni|
|Gaura Karaundi||Gaura Sailak||Gauri Baniyani||Gheri||Gudauli|
|Katghara||Khaira||Khapurwa Khanpur||Kiratpur||Kuan Danda|
|Safipur||Saili Kiratpur||Salempur||Sandupur||Saraiya Matbar Nagar|
|Tadwa Gadmanpur||Tadwa Naankari||Tanda Nizam Ali||Terhwa||Tikapur|
Fatehpur has a very good road connectivity from Lucknow, Barabanki, Mahmoodabad, Burhwal, Dewa, Suratganj, Hetmapur, Rampur Mathura, Lalpur Kirauta. It has a regular bus service from Lucknow and Barabanki which go en route through town stopping of 15 minute at stand nearby railway level crossing to Suratganj, Sudiamau, Belhara all over day initial service from 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Town distant from other town and cities
- Lucknow via Barabanki 60 km & via Mati around 50 km
- Barabanki 30 km
- Mahmudabad 20 km(16 km via bhagauli)
- Burhwal 21 km
- Belhara 10 km
- Dewa Shareef 15 km
- Ramnagar 21 km
- Kursi 27 km
- Sihali 12 km
- Trilokpur 16 km
- Sundhiamau 10 km
- Mahadewa Shiv Mandir 23:km
Fatehpur railway station is just one kilometer away from town area, block development office(BDO), and Munshiganj. Rickshaws are regularly available during day and nighttime until last train passes away till 9'o clock. It is located on Burhwal-Sitapur chord section Of North Eastern Railway(NER) zone which connects directly to Delhi, Punjab & Jammu via Shahjahanpur, Rampur, Moradabad and has one platform with three running lines including one main line with interlocking signaling system.
- Station have large premises for parking cycle, motorcycle but lacks in area for car parking
- Passenger services is also good with four passengers service from both direction connecting Balamau, Gonda, Shahjahanpur and one express train Satayagraha which runs between Raxaul and Delhi, its services is available in night for Delhi at 8 p.m. and for Raxaul in dawn at 5 a.m. and local service from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Station doesn't have sufficient waiting hall for passenger and shed also doesn't cover entire platform
- Railway station also provides on-line Passenger Reservation System(PRS) facility during morning time.
- Station also handles freight traffic loading unloading of mainly timber woods.
Tehsil Fatehpur has five health centres, 3 PHCs and 7 subcentres.
Energy park programme
Fatehpur was identified in 2006 as an area for development under the Non-Conventional Energy program of the Non-Conventional Energy Development Agency (Neda).
- India: Uttar Pradesh: Administrative units. geohive.com
- Administration. Barabanki.nic.in. Retrieved on 2012-08-12.
- Language in India. Language in India. Retrieved on 2012-08-12.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Indiastat.com Revealing India Statistically. Indiademographics.com. Retrieved on 2012-08-12.
- Block Panchayats of BARABANKI,UTTAR PRADESH. offerings.nic.in
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- Health Facilities in District Barabanki, UP. jsk.gov.in
- NON-CONVENTIONAL ENERGY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (NEDA) U.P. barabanki.nic.in