|فاطمه معتمد آریا|
October 29, 1961
|Spouse(s)||Ahmad Hamed (m. 1981)|
|Children||Nariman (b. 1982)|
Fatemeh (Simin) Motamed Arya or Simin Motamed Arya (Persian: فاطمه معتمد آریا; born 29 October 1961 in Tehran). She is a multi-award-winning Iranian actress. She first got involved in theater during her teen years, and received her degree in theater from Tehran Art Institute. She is one of the most significant actresses of post-revolutionary Iranian cinema and has been called "one of the most important actresses and filmmakers of Iran." She has been nominated nine times for the best actress award at the Fajr International Film Festival and won the Crystal Simorgh four times.
- Reyhaneh (1989)
- Nassereddin Shah, Actor-e Cinema (1992 - a.k.a. Once Upon a Time, Cinema)
- Mosaferan (1992 - a.k.a. Travelers)
- Honarpisheh (1993 - a.k.a. The Actor)
- Hamsar (1994 - a.k.a. Spouse)
- Rusari Abi (1995 - a.k.a. The Blue-Veiled)
- Kolah Ghermezi and Pesar Khaleh (1995)
- Mard-e Avazi (1998)
- Eynak-e doodi (2000)
- Azizam man kook nistam (2002)
- Kolah Ghermezi Va Sarvenaz (2002)
- Abadan (2003)
- Gilaneh (2004)
- Taghato' (2005 - a.k.a. Crossroads)
- Yek boos-e koochooloo (2005)
- Men at Work (2006)
- Zir-e Derakht-e Holou (2006)
- Zire Tigh (2006 - TV Series)
- Shirin (2007)
- Niloofar (2007-8)
- Mizak (2008)
- Ashpazbashi (2009 - TV Series)
- Khabe Leila (2010)
- Here Without Me (2011)
- Saad Saal Be In Salha (2011)
- Tales (2014)
- Nabat (2014)
Awards and honors
- Nominated Crystal Simorgh, Best Supporting Role Actress in 6th Fajr Film Festival, 1988, for Jahizieh Baraye Robab
- Winner Crystal Simorgh, Best Supporting Role Actress in 7th Fajr Film Festival, 1989, for Barahoot
- Nominated Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress in 8th Fajr Film Festival, 1990, for Reihaneh
- Winner Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress in 10th Fajr Film Festival, 1992, for Mosaferan
- Winner Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress in 11th Fajr Film Festival, 1993, for Yekbar Baraye Hamisheh
- Winner Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress in 12th Fajr Film Festival, 1994, for Hamsar
- Nominated Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress in 13th Fajr Film Festival, 1995, for The Blue-Veiled
- Nominated Best Actress Award in 2nd House of Cinema, 1998, for The Changed Man
- Nominated Best Supporting Role Actress Award in 3rd House of Cinema, 1999, for Eshgh Bealaveh do, Shokhi
- Nominated Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress in 18th Fajr Film Festival, 2000, for Eshgh Bealaveh do
- Nominated Best Supporting Role Actress Award in 4th House of Cinema, 2000, for Through Sunglasses
- Nominated Best Actress Award in 6th House of Cinema, 2003, for Pastry Girl
- Nominated Crystal Simorgh, Best Actress in 22nd Fajr Film Festival, 2004, for Gilaneh
- Nominated Best Actress Award in 12th House of Cinema, 2008, for Saad Saal Be In Salha
- Winner Best Actress Award in 15th House of Cinema, 2011, for Here Without Me
- Montréal Film Festival Best Actress prize for her role in the Iranian film Here Without Me 2011
- Prix Henri-Langlois for Actress and Cinema of the World 2012
Fatemeh Motamed-Arya was invited to travel to Los Angeles as part of a film seminar series on Iranian films. It was reported that Iran barred Motamed-Arya and another filmmaker from leaving Iran because of their political activities.
After receiving the Prix de Henri-Langlois 2012 award, at the ceremony, Motamed-Arya said, “Tonight we have a common reason for being together. Without thinking about our homeland or mother tongue, we share peace and beauty here and take our portion. Cinema taught us love, kindness and sharing of this life. To remember that despite our language, color and religion we love each other as human beings.”
She is married to film producer and script writer Ahmad-Ali Hamed. They live in Tehran and have a son together.
Fatemeh Motamed-Arya was selected as the ambassador of the Mehrafarin Charity Society during a ceremony on March 3, 2008, at the Niavaran Cultural Center.
- "Fatemeh Motamed Aria" (in Persian). IranActor.com. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2007-10-10.
- Official web site.
- Alvares, Patricia Ann. "Women breaking the mould in cinema". Herald of Goa.
- "'Nabat': Film Review". Hollywood Reporter.
- "Les lauréats des Prix Henri-Langlois 2012" (PDF). Ville de Vincennes. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-11-01. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
- "Movie Makers Barred From Leaving Iran for AMPAS LA Film Series". Digital Journal. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- "Iranian actress Fatemeh Motamed-Arya wins French honor". Tehran Times. Archived from the original on 2015-04-04.
- "Actress Motamed-Arya appointed envoy of Mehrafarin Charity". Payvand. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fatemeh Motamed-Aria.|
- Official website
- Fatemah Motamed-Aria on IMDb
- AFP: Hollywood's Bening hopes to help mend US-Iran ties