|Active||1996–23 July 2016|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Muhit Mert|
|Affiliations||Bologna Process |
Fatih University (Turkish: Fatih Üniversitesi) was a leading private (foundation) university located in the metropolitan Büyükçekmece district of Istanbul, Turkey. Founded in 1996, the university was closed by the Turkish government in July 2016 and is now a part of Istanbul University. In the Academic Ranking of World Universities, Fatih University was ranked at 401-500th place in the subject area "Mathematics" for two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018.
Fatih University had a relatively high rate of international students (from 102 countries). The number of students getting education at the university was around fourteen thousand. English was the medium of instruction in most departments, and students were encouraged to learn an additional foreign language.
The university had two clinics and a hospital, a bionano technology lab and a biopetrol research and development center intensively working (besides regular research labs in departments). The university was established in 1996 by the Turkish Association of Health and Medical Treatment. The ninth President Süleyman Demirel was present at the formal inauguration of the University in November 1996.
Fatih University had nine faculties:
- Faculty of Education,
- Faculty of Engineering,
- Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences,
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences,
- Faculty of Law,
- Faculty of Theology,
- Faculty of Fine Arts Design and Architecture,
- School of Medicine,
There were five graduate institutes (Institute of Engineering Sciences, Institute of Natural Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, and Institute of Economics And Statistics), and three vocational schools located on three campuses.
The School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Vocational School of Medical Studies, and School of Vocational Studies were in Ankara until 2013. They had been moved to Istanbul as of 2013–2014 academic year.
- Research centers
- Atatürk Research Center
- Industrial Automation Technology Development and Liaison Investment Project
- BioNanoTechnology Research and Development Center
- Civilizations Research Center
- Turkish Language Teaching Research and Application Center
- Sema Medical Application and Research Hospital
- "ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2017 - Mathematics | Shanghai Ranking - 2017". www.shanghairanking.com.
- "ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2018 - Mathematics | Shanghai Ranking - 2018". www.shanghairanking.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-03. Retrieved 2013-07-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "İşte kapatılan FETÖ okulları". Sabah (in Turkish). 23 July 2016. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Official website (in English) (in Turkish)
- Fatih University Alumni Association
- Fatih University Faculty of Education
|This Turkish university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|